Awning LED Lights

rossir77

2018 Wilderness 2850BH....we've had her for a little over a year and everything has worked pretty well!!

But all of a sudden my LED lights in the awning will not turn on. I have the remote...can't get it to do anything. Pulled the switch off the wall and it has 12V. I can see the sensor for the remote in the awning roller....perhaps the control box went bad? Are there any fuses from the switch to the light that I can not locate?? If it is the control box how in the world do I get it out of the roller...assuming that it is in fact in the roller.

Thanks,

Ron Rossi

david-steph2018

We had an issue of the same type, LED lights stopped working. Looking for a new set, thinking about which ones, etc...
Finally I was checking these out on a ladder, looked and found the lights had come unplugged from the camper, plugged back in and saved some dollars, they worked. We were lucky there. I guess probably caught a branch and pulled it loose going down the road or something like that

rossir77

Any clue where the inline fuse, assuming it has one would be? The switch inside the trailer is hot. The wireing up the track to the roller has no connection its a solid line. Perhaps inside the roller it has come apart....not exactly sure how to get to the module inside the roller.

Bogie

I don't know if this will help, but I found an inline fuse for my LED awning lights in the closed cavity behind the switch panel. The cavity had no direct access. Had I not cut open the switch panel to install a professional panel I had manufactured, I would have never have known it was there. You would never have been able to see the fuse inside the tangle of wire in that cavity by removing the switch and looking through the hole.

Take a look at the post I made on installing the new panel HERE.

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
On my Northtrail,the wires to the awning were exposed near the top of the right rail and I felt that through use would cut the wire rubbing the rail. So I bought some plastic wiring shield, cut it down the middle, and installed it over the wire from the top to the bottom of the rail. When I got to the bottom, there were wires just wire nutted together in a bunch and by then, in 90+ heat and fingers sore from spreading the hard plastic apart to go over the wires, I was done. Of course, after a few hours of doing the job, I rolled the awning up to discover that the plastic wire protection kept the awning from closing all the way so I ended up removing it all. But, with what I found at the bottom of the right rail as far as the wiring goes, it might just be the weakest link and a quick fix, check it out.