What is this switch for???

Littletna

Hello All. I have a 2017 427 and under the main switch cabinet inside by the stairs I have a wall switch with a light up red toggle switch. I dont know what it does. Floor heater maybe?

Thank you for your help.:D

danemayer

Hi Littletna,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The wall-type switches that illuminate are usually either the electric side of the water heater, or the holding tank heating pads. Since this switch is lower, it's probably the tank heating pads. They're part of the YETI option. A separate switch likely controls the heat tape on the underbelly portion of the water feed line between fresh tank and the water pump.

sengli

Pretty sad, no one could take like seconds...and maybe label these mystery switches. I found two on my new coach, and it really was not obvious what is used for.

david-steph2018

Hello All. I have a 2017 427 and under the main switch cabinet inside by the stairs I have a wall switch with a light up red toggle switch. I dont know what it does. Floor heater maybe?

If it is the same switch as in our 2018 427 it is for the PMS (power Management System) this is to monitor how much power you are using. The way it was explained to me was it is to drop off electrical loads when you are nearing the max. We use our during the use of 30 amp power and run 2 ac units on 30 amp with no issues.

Another thing you will find is the light switches are NOT labeled in any of the locations. For example the switches in the back were not labeled for the exterior lights on the main awning or garage lights, etc...

On the side of the cabinet next to this switch do you see another toggle switch? This is to place the frig on battery power while you travel. Press it until the light turns green and you will be on battery power.

On our unit we found that the Road Warrior light on the front corner is tied to the front awning lights as well. Turn on the oval Road Warrior and the front awning lights come on. Good to remember when the awning is still rolled up.

We took a label maker and have labeled most of the switches in our unit, but still have some to do this week.

LBR

I consider the information in post #2 to be accurate with it controlling the tank heat pads when on 120V shore/generator power. The small "Yeti" switch is to heat the fresh water line and is 12V powered. All of this has been discussed by many owners here to be correct.

I would take the first paragraph in post #4 with a grain of salt unless more information/documentation were to suggest such.

danemayer

If it is the same switch as in our 2018 427 it is for the PMS (power Management System) this is to monitor how much power you are using. The way it was explained to me was it is to drop off electrical loads when you are nearing the max. We use our during the use of 30 amp power and run 2 ac units on 30 amp with no issues.
David-steph,

If you have 3 air conditioners, your 2018 probably has a Precision Control Systems power management device which sheds electrical loads automatically according to its programming. There will be a small PCS device somewhere in the main control panel area.

Earlier toy hauler builds with 3 air conditioners used a switch, usually mounted low, (but I don't think it was an illuminated switch), to select which 2 of the 3 air conditioners could be run at the same time.

If you have the PCS device, I'm pretty sure the switch is not for the air conditioners or to manage electrical usage.

danemayer

That's the remote switch to turn the inverter on and off. This inverter is dedicated to your residential refrigerator, providing power from the batteries when you are not connected to shore power or run the generator. It should be ON when towing so that your refrigerator stays ON. You can leave it ON all the time to protect from power outages. But when you put the trailer in storage, it should be OFF, and the 2nd battery cutoff switch that powers it should also be OFF.