Mor-Ryde Shocks?

THe new brochure (dated 1/06) says the Bighorns come with the Mor-Ryde Suspension System.
Does this system includes shocks?
How many ? 2 or 4??

Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)

Scott

Bighorn Mor/ryde

The new Mor/rdye system on the Bighorn does not include shocks. It is nice upgrade from the standard suspension, but it is not the same as the one on the Landmark which does include shocks.

ST

Scott said:
The new Mor/rdye system on the Bighorn does not include shocks. It is nice upgrade from the standard suspension, but it is not the same as the one on the Landmark which does include shocks.
ST

Scott,
Appreciate your quick response.
Could I have (2 or 4 ??) shocks mounted on the suspension after delivery then?
Just wondering.

Thanks,

Bill B. (Michigan)

Scott

Shocks

Don't know the answer to that one right off. I would imagine that you could but Mor/ryde would have to answer that one.

ST

Scott said:
The new Mor/rdye system on the Bighorn does not include shocks. It is nice upgrade from the standard suspension, but it is not the same as the one on the Landmark which does include shocks.ST
---------------------------

Hmmm, there's something strange going on here. I went to the Mor Ryde website http://www.morryde.com/php/products/suspensions/towables/index.php

and both their IS and RE trailer system show shocks are still on the trailer??

Any explanation??

Many thanks,

Bill B. (Michigan)

Tom of Ypsi

Bill B, I do not know where in Michigan you are but this week in Flint they have an RV show, no Heartlands, but the KZ Escalade that was there had a display of the Morryde suspension with two shocks per side. While I was standing there looking at the Morryde the sales person and a potential customer were arguing, the customer said it was not the Morryde system because it has shocks and he knows what he is talking about. I left and so did the salesperson. Next week 02/16 thru 02/19 is another rv show at the Rock Financial Center in Novi. The floor map at the present time shows only 1 Heartland product and that is a Big Horn. Your might check out General RV, 6 dealers in Michigan, to see if they have a Big Horns in stock. I know that the dealer in Brownstown has a BH.

Tom of Ypsi said:
Bill B, I do not know where in Michigan you are but this week in Flint they have an RV show, no Heartlands, but the KZ Escalade that was there had a display of the Morryde suspension with two shocks per side. While I was standing there looking at the Morryde the sales person and a potential customer were arguing, the customer said it was not the Morryde system because it has shocks and he knows what he is talking about. I left and so did the salesperson. Next week 02/16 thru 02/19 is another rv show at the Rock Financial Center in Novi. The floor map at the present time shows only 1 Heartland product and that is a Big Horn. Your might check out General RV, 6 dealers in Michigan, to see if they have a Big Horns in stock. I know that the dealer in Brownstown has a BH.
-------------------------

Tom,
Thanks. Yes, I will be at the trailer show next week. In fact I'm going on Wednesday by myself (Seniors day $5) and then again with the wife on Saturday. I will check out any Bighorns. Also will check out the Jayco Designer series 5ths. Have plenty of time to research this in full.

Many thanks for your comments.

Bill B. (Livonia, Michigan)

Scott

What Mor/Ryde Says

FYI - I have talked to our engineers who got with the Mor/Ryde people for this answer: They are reporting to me that the new Mor/Ryde systems do not have the shocks on them. It seems, that after extensive testing at the Bendix test track, instruments have shown that the shocks that were previously used on the Mor/Ryde system did not enhance the ride of the rubber and spring system at all. The shocks are actually too stiff, and if anything, hinder it's performance. Thus - no more shocks on the Mor/Ryde systems that we are using here at Heartland - Bighorn or Landmark.
ST

Scott

That being said...

That being said, I will get on the phone with Mor/Ryde myself to hear it for myself. I trust my engineers by the way - I just want everyone to know that I too am going to talk to someone at Mor/Ryde to confirm this.

ST

Tom of Ypsi

Scott, When you talk to Morryde could you find out if there was a design change, should those of us that have shocks take them off or is everything going to be ok for now and a long time down the road?
Thanks Tom

jbeletti

Tom,

At the Chicago RV RV Show this past weekend, I stopped by the Mor/Ryde booth and asked about this. They reiterated what Scott has already told us - that their independent testing confirmed that on the type of Mor/Ryde suspension that we have, that the shocks do not help and may actually make the ride a bit stiffer.

To your question though, the rep. told me that we could drop the shocks from our current system without a problem.

Not sure if I want to be the first to try though. Let me know how yours goes. :D

Jim