Pressure Pro to the Rescue!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Sitting here in a campground since Monday...just relaxing. Noticed something flashing in the truck and realized it's the Pressure Pro. Opened the door, the alarm is going off and after checking, realized one tire has dropped from 110 to 95 pounds.
eek.gif

After checking the tire valve stem...nothing wrong...did a quick visual on the tire tread area...low and behold, a nail!! Glad we found it now instead of Monday when we were leaving or on the road!!

Pressure Pro has got to be the best money we ever spent on this RV...hands down! If you don't have one...you need to get one!!!

dreamer

We also have the pressure pro and it alerted us to a stone puncture on the Dempster highway in the Yukon. When we stopped you would not know which tire had a problem by looking. The hissing and location on the monitor told us. Since we were alerted when the pressure dropped to 72 psi and we stopped and changed it we were able to patch the tire and had no colateral damageNone

Pat McFall

Sitting here in a campground since Monday...just relaxing. Noticed something flashing in the truck and realized it's the Pressure Pro. Opened the door, the alarm is going off and after checking, realized one tire has dropped from 110 to 95 pounds.
eek.gif

After checking the tire valve stem...nothing wrong...did a quick visual on the tire tread area...low and behold, a nail!! Glad we found it now instead of Monday when we were leaving or on the road!!

Pressure Pro has got to be the best money we ever spent on this RV...hands down! If you don't have one...you need to get one!!!

Hi Ken and Kathy,

Thanks for the testimonial. Our best advertisement comes from PressurePro owners like you. Sorry to hear about your tire problem but glad the PressurePro saved you.

We'll see you in Retama soon.

Safe Travels,

Pat and Mike

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Pat and Mike...Yep! Worked exactly as it's supposed to...what a life saver!

We should be in Retama by the 20th...CAN'T WAIT!!! Kathy and Ken

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have the Doran Tire Pressure Monitoring System and it has saved us 4 times. I strongly recommend you get some reliable TPMS system.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have Pressure Pro also. At one time I got a warning on my trailer and found that the metal valve stem had worked loose and was leaking air. At Gattlinburg I got a warning on my LR Truck tire. Aired up the tire and two days later got another warning.. Checked it out and it had a short screw in the tread.

In 1983 we were pulling a Starcraft Popup and had a tire go down on us. Did not know it until the tire was ruined, the rim was ruined. The town in Wyoming did not have a 13" trailer tire so I had a rim and two tires shipped to me there.

I would be very nervous about my tires if I did not have my Pressure Pro.. Won't leave home with out it.

Uncle Rog

We were in Furnace Creek Turkey Day last, when we were leaving I had two broken ribs, a collapsed lung and a bruised kidney, great vacation.........The TPMS read 10#'s low in the RR of the Horn, I had it checked out at the Chevron. The valve stem nut had backed off enough to cause a small leak, my trusty 7/16 OE wrench fixed that in a hurry. We then drove home 250 miles, a five hour drive took seven hours, through the biggest rain storm of the season through the Mojave..............
A flat between Shoshone and Baker would not have been pretty!........................
I would, almost, pay double for the system as it saved my................

PacMan4x4

Thoughts.....

What is the general thought of putting the Pressure Pro sensors on tow vehicle tires. I was reading up on this system and like the idea of it and I'm interested in getting it for my BH, but can't seem to part with the extra $300 that it would cost for getting 6 sensors for my truck coming to a total of 700+ to outfit the trailer and truck. Any input one way or the other from fellow RV'ers...thanks.

Uncle Rog

We went with a full set, the 8 pack, but I rarely use the truck set because a flat would be instantly noticed. I never even felt the two flats on the 5er, that being said, if we took an extended trip I would put them on the truck....................

Forrest Fetherolf

What is the general thought of putting the Pressure Pro sensors on tow vehicle tires. I was reading up on this system and like the idea of it and I'm interested in getting it for my BH, but can't seem to part with the extra $300 that it would cost for getting 6 sensors for my truck coming to a total of 700+ to outfit the trailer and truck. Any input one way or the other from fellow RV'ers...thanks.

Patrick,

I built my own for $70.

Forrest

Attachments

• Tire Monitor1001.JPG
    Tire Monitor1001.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Tire Monitor1002.JPG
    Tire Monitor1002.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Tire Monitor1003.JPG
    Tire Monitor1003.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Tire Monitor1004.JPG
    Tire Monitor1004.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Tire Sensor002.JPG
    Tire Sensor002.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 34

PacMan4x4

FORREST...you sure are a crafty fella. The way that looks to me is that if a tire goes flat it will actuate and the bell will go off.....is my assumption correct?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes Forrest is a crafty little devil and slicker than slim on a swamp. The lucky ones of us that know him are sure he hears bells. :confused:

Forrest Fetherolf

FORREST...you sure are a crafty fella. The way that looks to me is that if a tire goes flat it will actuate and the bell will go off.....is my assumption correct?

Pac,

As the tire loses pressure the "whisker" will contact the ground and sound the alarm before the tire, wheel and 5er are damaged.
I didn't feel the need for a constant tire pressure indicator such as the Pressure Pro, in addition to the expense. I do a walk-a-round at every stop and carry an infrared temp gun to check tire condition.
Neither this system or Pressure Pro will respond quick enough when a catastrophic tire failure occurs such as happened to me. The tire exploded, I heard the boom and the sensor sound at the same time.

Forrest

Attachments

• TRAIL__AMERICA_TIRE_FAILURE7.JPG
    TRAIL__AMERICA_TIRE_FAILURE7.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 28
  • TRAIL_AMERICA_TIRE_FAILURE07.JPG
    TRAIL_AMERICA_TIRE_FAILURE07.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 25
  • TRAIL_AMERICATIRE_FAILURE00.JPG
    TRAIL_AMERICATIRE_FAILURE00.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 24