Dining room window shade bracket falling off wall.

Tomnbeth

My dining room window shade is falling off the wall at one side and I cannot find a way to get the topper off the wall to reattach the bracket. I talked to a tech at heartland and he said there will be two top l-shaped brackets and to find the screws with a magnet but I cannot find any screws nor see any holes in the fabric that the screws could have passed through. Any ideas how to get the topper off?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If by topper you mean the top valance, you do have to search along the wall edge to find the screws under the fabric on the underside. They’re not the most magnetic fasteners, either. Try using your fingertip to press and feel, along with a strong pencil magnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomnbeth

If by topper you mean the top valance, you do have to search along the wall edge to find the screws under the fabric on the underside. They’re not the most magnetic fasteners, either. Try using your fingertip to press and feel, along with a strong pencil magnet.

Thanks for the response John. I found out that you cannot take the valance off the wall without removing the shades. The "L" brackets screws holding the valance are both inserted from the underside of the valance. One into the wall, one into the valance.
There are two clips screwed into the balance to hold the shades rail. One to the clips had completely fallen out so I had to take down the rail holding both shades and re-screw the clip to the valance. I then had to clip the shades rail back to both clips. Problem solved.😀

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My experience with the valences has been to remove the Day/Night shades and replace them with Levelor vertical blinds. That required removing the top and side valences, stripping the fabric off and using it to cover the new valances I made to accommodate the Levelors.