Installing night light over doors

Waltfrog

Question
Has anyone installed a light above their doors on a RV that have not been factory installed.
We have a 2018 prowler lynx 255LX

danemayer

I was never happy with the factory installed light from 2010, or the replacement motion sensor light I replaced it with in 2011. So this summer I installed a 2nd light that works much better for us. I put one over the entry door and the other next to the factory scare light on the other side. They're mounted using a couple of strips of double sided fender tape. The lights are solar powered and are set to the mode that turns them on at night when motion is detected, and they stay on for about 15 seconds after the motion ceases. The entrance is nicely illuminated for entry and exit.

71jkrQzqvgL._SL1000_.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We installed this light:

Starlights SL-1000 Smart... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YI95ZC?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

It was a popular replacement a few years ago, but they had some issues with the motion detector lenses that deteriorated prematurely. We've had this one installed since April, and so far so good. We've had some heavy wind driven rains and this one is staying sealed.

Our original light failed due to water intrusion. The first replacement, made by Leisure LED, failed after just 7 months with again, water intrusion, even though it was sealed well with butyl tape and caulked across the top and sides of the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk