Torque T31 - Need info before purchase

JTP

Hello everyone,

I am considering a purchase of a T31. I have a few questions if any of you can help.

1. Since this model has a bath and a 1/2 I am guessing there is just 1 black tank that is shared. I would assume that means 1 of the toilet's would have a short run to the tank. Is anyone having issues with plugs?

2. Does the 1 A/C unit cool the garage area adequately? In the summer where I live it can get to 110 degrees.

3. The leather couch. Does it seem to hold up from pets jumping on and off from scratches? What do you us to protect them?

4. What do you love about the trailer? What do you not like?

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

danemayer

Hi JTP,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I've moved your thread into the Torque sub-forum as your questions pertain specifically to the T31.

Although I don't have a Torque, I think I can predict that for 110 degree weather, 1 A/C unit will not be satisfactory. Our Landmark is only 1 foot longer and based on our experience in Texas, 2 A/C units would be the minimum requirement.

I would also suggest, that even though the Torque comes with "Residential furniture", you should plan on a throw or other cover where the pets will be.

Hopefully a T31 owner can fill you in on whether 1 black tank or 2. If you don't get a clear answer within a day or two, you should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Torque sales.

schew

Hello everyone,

I am considering a purchase of a T31. I have a few questions if any of you can help.

1. Since this model has a bath and a 1/2 I am guessing there is just 1 black tank that is shared. I would assume that means 1 of the toilet's would have a short run to the tank. Is anyone having issues with plugs?

There is one fresh watertank (104 gallons iirc), two grey tanks and two black tanks. Black tanks are 38 gallons each I believe.

2. Does the 1 A/C unit cool the garage area adequately? In the summer where I live it can get to 110 degrees.

I have two ac units, and recommend the second one in the garage epsecially if you are going to be in 110f heat.

3. The leather couch. Does it seem to hold up from pets jumping on and off from scratches? What do you us to protect them?

We have 3 small dogs and so far the couch looks brand new..but to be on the safe side i think we will invest in some throw blankets or something to that effect.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

There is one fresh watertank (104 gallons iirc), two grey tanks and two black tanks. Black tanks are 38 gallons each I believe.

I have two ac units, and recommend the second one in the garage epsecially if you are going to be in 110f heat.

We have 3 small dogs and so far the couch looks brand new..but to be on the safe side i think we will invest in some throw blankets or something to that effect.

Our trailer's build quality is much better than our previous make and model. So far the trailer is awesome and we love it!!!! A few things that stand out is you need to turn your head to the side to watch tv, which isnt a big deal and we are used to that already.

When some of the couches are reclined, it blocks the aisle way to and from the garage.

Although the master bedroom is much larger than our previous one, the aisles are narrow, difficult to move around and makes getting dressed challenging. We are small framed people so larger folks are definitely going to have an issue with this. You can leave the jack and jill door open to the bathroom, that will give you a lot more room to get dressed. The master bedroom has two usb outlets, one 12v outlet that makes charging your devices convenient. The switch for the genset is in this room. Its nice to be able to wake up and fire up the genset immediately. Our switch is below the wall where you add the tv and I think the newer models have the switch above the headboard of your bed which people have said is an inconvenient location.

The kitchen does not have any drawers, just cabinets. We bought a silverware tray and keep our flatware in the pantry.

Both bathroom vent fans and the vent fan in the master bedroom are not wired to a switch, so you'll need a step ladder to use them. In the Torque forum, someone has a post where they added a wall switch to turn them on and off.

One particular huge note, dont rely on the shower curtain to keep the water in!!! If you are even so slighty out of level and low on the passenger side, water will run along the top of the bathtub, out the tub and FLOOD bathroom floor. We plan on installing a Nautilus Retractable Shower Door. This should solve the issue.

This trailer is tongue heavy as it should be because its a toyhauler. Even with our 1200lb. Polaris Ranger xp in the garage it still seemed a little tongue heavy with a properly set up weight distribution hitch. I'll eventually add airbags to the 2014 F250 powerstroke to even our the backend of the truck.

Everything else is awesome on this trailer. Interior/exterior looks great, heater warms the trailer nicely and the dual ac's rock. The Onan 5500 watt genset is fantasic and surprisingly quiet!!!

Oh yea, it tows incredibly well too!

JTP

Thanks for the info i appreciate it.

I was wondering about the TV location in the garage, do you know what size will fit there and if you have a TV do you have any issues with the bathroom door and the TV location on that wall.

Thank you

schew

Thanks for the info i appreciate it.

I was wondering about the TV location in the garage, do you know what size will fit there and if you have a TV do you have any issues with the bathroom door and the TV location on that wall.

Thank you
Regardless of size, if you have your tv mount extended, you'll need to retract it so you dont hit the tv while opening the door. When retracted I believe you can open the door past 90 degrees. I installed a 24" LCD/DVD combo tv, a 32" is probably too large..

JTP

Regardless of size, if you have your tv mount extended, you'll need to retract it so you dont hit the tv while opening the door. When retracted I believe you can open the door past 90 degrees. I installed a 24" LCD/DVD combo tv, a 32" is probably too large..

Thank for the information on the TV. It does help to know what others have installed and use. For us If we purchase this trailer it would be site unseen.

I do have another question. When you have meals it doesn't seem like that small table by the recliners would even work. It looks like you might sit to far from it or have to sit on the edge of the seat. Any feedback is appreciated. Like most we typically will eat outside but in bad weather or say breakfast. how do you find yourself using the space?

Thanks again

schew

Thank for the information on the TV. It does help to know what others have installed and use. For us If we purchase this trailer it would be site unseen.

I do have another question. When you have meals it doesn't seem like that small table by the recliners would even work. It looks like you might sit to far from it or have to sit on the edge of the seat. Any feedback is appreciated. Like most we typically will eat outside but in bad weather or say breakfast. how do you find yourself using the space?

Thanks again
The removable table in conjunction with the couches seemed to work ok as far as i can remember. You also have a larger table that comes with the trailer and is used in the garage once you convert the lower bed into two bench seats. Ample room for 4 adults or more with little ones..

The online brochures gave us a pretty good idea of its features and layout. We customed ordered ours and purchased it never having seen a T31 in real life...