Gel Coat Front/back ??

On the Bighorn, is there a Gel Coat on the front & back caps as standard or must we order a Gel Coat Option?

I don't understand the brochure statement, "High Gloss Gel Coat Exterior Glass". I wouldn't think you would put Gel Coat actually over the glass.. :eek:)

Many thanks,

Bill B. (Michigan)

Scott

Gel Coat

The high-gloss gel-coat is an optional sidewall fiberglass that appears much smoother and shinier than the standard glass. The standard glass shows more fibers up close than the high-gloss gel-coat.
ST

Scott said:
The high-gloss gel-coat is an optional sidewall fiberglass that appears much smoother and shinier than the standard glass. The standard glass shows more fibers up close than the high-gloss gel-coat.
ST

Scott,
Thanks for the update.

So then the front & back trailer caps are not Gel Coated ? just the sidewalls?
Thanks,

Bill B. (Michigan)

Scott

Caps

That's a good question. I know that Global Glass does the molds on the front and rear fiberglass caps and I have never heard about anyone every asking about or even mentioning the term "gel-coat" when it comes to the front and rear caps. I'll try to find out.

ST

BluegrassMan

Gel Coat ?

Hi Guy's

To my knowledge, all END CAPS that are moulded have Gel coat, that is why they are white and shiny. I can't remember ever seeing a front or rear CAP that isn't. Some cheap trailers use aluminum, plastic, etc. The GEL is like the shell on an M & M candy. First they spray a release agent, then the Gel coat, then the fiberglass is sprayed (usually chopped, mixed with the resin) on as thick as they want it, it cures, then it's done. It comes out of the mould.