Ramp door

irvin56

In drumheller

We saw a hauler and they had put the small metal jack stands under the sides and front (4 total). to level and steady it some. Then they had modefide a standing screen room to cover it in. Looked good.
A Covered patio.

They took a standing screen room and cut off the one side. Mounted the remainder or screen to hauler inside trailer door frame with snaps inserted in to edge of screen room. Used the rods of screen room to hold the room up. Used bungey cords to go underneath ramp door to hold room down

BASICALLY exactly as you would set on up on you site on the ground. Now cut off one side and move onto your ramp door. and instead of stacking to ground you use cords ro hold down.

truknutt

Committed Member
Has anyone else made their ramp door a level platform to sit and enjoy the race?

Karl,

I have the supports left over from our last toyhauler. Took slideout stabilizer/support stands (Photo 1 attached .bmp file) and machined an aluminum disk that's bolted to the top of each. The disks fit into the rubber "snubbers" on your ramp door.

Our last toyhauler had a Carefree of Colorado Add-a-Room on it. They used cable & turnbuckles at a 45 dgree angle for support. You can barely see them in Photo 2. Good idea if your ground is not level; we stayed one place where we backed out over a "ditch" in order to have a nice view in the evening. I never thought the cable was out enough on the door for safe support so we fab'ed the uprights.

Dometic now has the Xtend-a-Room sold at Camping World. It looks as they only use stands for support. (Photo 3)

Dave

Found this photo of 4 cylones headed down the road. :eek:

Attachments

• stabilizer.bmp
    155.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Rage'n add-a-room.jpg
    Rage'n add-a-room.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 251
  • Extend a room.jpg
    Extend a room.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 227
  • tricyclone.jpg
    tricyclone.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 227

viking4545

I have the x tend a room for my 3795, it was the biggest waste of $400 ive ever spent. the only good thing that came from it is the metal adjustable stands that we use to support the ramp.

davelinde

I have the x tend a room for my 3795, it was the biggest waste of $400 ive ever spent. the only good thing that came from it is the metal adjustable stands that we use to support the ramp.

Why is it a waste? Using cables or stands to make our ramp a deck is high on my wish list now and right behind that would be a screen room for the deck... Are there better/worse screen rooms? or is the whole idea just not as nice as it seems?

viking4545

The stands are good, but the room itself does not look like the picture at all, it goes up all wrinkled, doesnt fit, and the poles broke the first and last time set up. It is a universal fit and I dont think it quite fits the cyclone. If I had to do it over, I would spend the money and have one made to the measurements of the door opening.

bigredtruck

Have to agree with viking4545. We've only put ours up once but it didn't fit even though it was the biggest one they sell. I think the screen room itself is a good idea, but I wouldnt buy the extend a room brand again.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Karl,

I have the supports left over from our last toyhauler. Took slideout stabilizer/support stands (Photo 1 attached .bmp file) and machined an aluminum disk that's bolted to the top of each. The disks fit into the rubber "snubbers" on your ramp door.

Our last toyhauler had a Carefree of Colorado Add-a-Room on it. They used cable & turnbuckles at a 45 dgree angle for support. You can barely see them in Photo 2. Good idea if your ground is not level; we stayed one place where we backed out over a "ditch" in order to have a nice view in the evening. I never thought the cable was out enough on the door for safe support so we fab'ed the uprights.

Dometic now has the Xtend-a-Room sold at Camping World. It looks as they only use stands for support. (Photo 3)

Dave

Found this photo of 4 cylones headed down the road. :eek:

You devil you!:cool:

blackfin

You may want to look at the model made by Carefee, "Outback Add a room", its semi made to order -- I have see this add room and for the money its not bad. They also offer just a upper canopy.