PDA

View Full Version : Shelf above bed - 2019 Sundance Ultra Lite 278BH

KateLeigh
10-18-2018, 01:53 PM
Feel in love with the cubby/storage area above our bed. It was one of the reasons I loved our TT but after the 1st night and my husband sitting up and hitting his head hard enough for him to have a gash on his forehead with bleeding am rethinking the whole what a great idea! We have purchased some material and batting are are going to soften it. Just a thought of maybe rethinking the design of it.

danemayer
10-18-2018, 02:58 PM
Hi KateLeigh,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry to hear about your husband's accident, but it sounds like you're moving in the right direction with some padding.

Loren1227
10-18-2018, 09:15 PM
We have the Sundance 189mb and I have had some near misses with the same thing. I just have learned to put my hand on it when I'm getting in and out of bed.
It does serve a good purpose for storing little things like phones and eye glasses since my night stand is always full of other things.

Bogie
10-18-2018, 09:24 PM
I hit my head a few times on our old 245RL. But, not to the point of injury. I learned to grab the handle on one of the doors as a guide while going down and up. Helped to prevent hitting the cabinet. Our new 289TS seems to have a little more room, so it's not and issue now.

WillyBill
10-19-2018, 11:16 AM
@Bogie....

Nice mods on your last trailer!!! Be sure to share what you come up with for your new one:-)

WB