PDA

View Full Version : New to DFW area and need to know when to winterize in North Texas

dwpkdavis
10-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Thread moved to better area.Howdy,

Having recently moved from Colorado to the DFW area, I was wondering when to winterize our Bighorn? We have our unit stored indoors for this first winter. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking of blowing out the lines and pouring RV antifreeze in the p-traps.

loganhughes
10-18-2018, 09:51 PM
We usually winterize ours around mid-November. We often go out of town over Thanksgiving and don't want to worry about freezing weather while we're gone. BTW...welcome to NTX!

CarterKraft
10-19-2018, 08:22 AM
Good luck on this quest. We usually camp several times over the "winter" beginning with a trip in October and another for Thanksgiving.

I will blow out the lines when I get back from Thanksgiving then as needed after that.

Gary521
10-19-2018, 10:19 AM
I would think that winterizing is winterizing in that you do it the same regardless of where you live. I watch the weather a couple of weeks out and if it looks like it going to get below freezing, time to start the process.

danemayer
10-19-2018, 12:44 PM
For central Texas, where it doesn't get as cold as Colorado, winterizing with compressed air and RV antifreeze in the p-traps should be ok. I did that for many years. Now that we're in Colorado, I have to do more.

If you have a washing machine, or washing machine prep, don't forget that. Also take care of the refrigerator.