Step Light AGAIN !!!

gslabbert5119

Sorry folks, I know that this has been asked numerous times, which suggests tha HEartland locate the switch is a place that is discoverable...

I just replaced all my exterior lights with LEDS and when I changed the bulb under the step that light came on, and no amount of searching in the rig has produced a switch that turns it off.

Does anyone know where that **** switch is on a 2013 Heartland Bighorn 3685RL or do I need to call Heartland.

Thanks

Gavin

Fox

I had the opposite problem, I had a switch that I couldn't find attached to anything (I was looking during daylight hours and was unaware of this light).

On the front side/ very bottom step going upstairs I had an unknown switch; turns out it operated my under steps light. Mine is not visible unless you're laying on the floor - or looking at the stairs from outside.

danemayer

There was a short period where a remote control was included with the trailers, operating several devices including the step light. For that short time, Heartland apparently thought it ok to leave out the switch.

If that's what you have, and you didn't get the remote, you might have to locate the Lippert "brain" and re-route the step light wiring to a switch that you install.

Take a flashlight and look closely inside your cabinets on the front wall of your kitchen. You'll be looking for a hard-to-see cover held by a couple of screws. The "brain" would be behind that cover.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Sorry folks, I know that this has been asked numerous times, which suggests tha HEartland locate the switch is a place that is discoverable...

I just replaced all my exterior lights with LEDS and when I changed the bulb under the step that light came on, and no amount of searching in the rig has produced a switch that turns it off.

Does anyone know where that **** switch is on a 2013 Heartland Bighorn 3685RL or do I need to call Heartland.

Thanks

Gavin

On our 2013 Bighorn, the only switch for the light was in the remote.

Rod

gslabbert5119

DaneMayer, you are "da Man"

I have that remote and in the menu there amongst the slides is a item that says "Light" never knew what it was for. I have just learned that it turns the step light on & Off.

thank you SOOOOOO MUCH !!!!

Gavin

GregP

We have a 2014 model Bighorn that came with the remote operated under-step light. To my knowledge, there is no interior switch for this light. At least, if there is; I have never found or used it. The remote operates slides, front legs (I believe) and step light. We use it primarily for the slides as we can watch for obstructions during opening and closing.