Odd Bracket - Thoughts?

TerribleTim68

Hey gang,
My 2008 Cyclone 4012 has this odd looking bracket on the kitchen ceiling, kind of "in front of" the fridge. Any idea what once lived in it? I'm sure someone has seen this bracket somewhere, no?
IMG_20181014_1003049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Possibly an old smoke detector bracket installed by previous owner. It doesn’t look like a factory install. Remove it and see if there is some nomenclature on the back that might give you a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerribleTim68

Beer cam, hadn't considered that! :D

Yeah, I thought about pulling it off, but then I've got 2 small holes in my ceiling from the mounting screws. I hate holes.
I know it isn't the factory smoke detector, that is still on the ceiling over near the front door. Oh well, some day I'll probably pull it off, but then I gotta figure out how to hide the holes. :(

uncledon

Her chauffeur
White caulk will conceal the holes for the most part. Just a suggestion when it bugs you enough to pull it down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wdk450

White caulk will conceal the holes for the most part. Just a suggestion when it bugs you enough to pull it down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Even a small square of white Gorilla tape works pretty good.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The little white caps for dressing the screws used to assemble MDF and melamine, with a dab of hot melt glue in the hole, will work great. Or, just take the thing down, see what it might say on the back side, and replace the piece that's missing (or just mount another detector over the spot).

Whatever it was, it had to be battery operated and not part of the trailer's electrical system.