Stuck Slide

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
OK all you RV wizard's. Well the BH is now out of warrenty by 2 weeks. I put the slides out a week ago to do some work on the inside. Today I wanted to wash it for our rally next weekend. I pusha the button and she was a no work the door side slide. It would not move, just grunted:confused:. I finally kept running the slides in and out until it finally came in. OK, I give up, it was not cold and nothing was in the way. Now it works fine. OH BTW, I did check the fluid in the pump. Bob:D:D:eek:

Forrest Fetherolf

B&P,

I'll bet your slide problem was caused by Larry, try a DNA test and look for fingerprints, he told me he owes you because you were a no-show at the Vegas Rally.None

Forrest

Bob&Patty

Hi Forrest, maybe I should. I will get a foresic team out here. Larry will be here this weekend and I will check him out. BTW, Larry said you are the one that was really upset. Pat and I WILL be at your next rally. Bob:D

Forrest Fetherolf

Hi Forrest, maybe I should. I will get a foresic team out here. Larry will be here this weekend and I will check him out. BTW, Larry said you are the one that was really upset. Pat and I WILL be at your next rally. Bob:D

B&P,

Just remember that a verbal contract in California is binding...........default and "wham" I own you RV and TV, of course you keep the payments.:eek:

Forrest

Pulltab

Bob, I assume your BH has the hydraulic manifold, I would check to make sure the switch is open all the way on that slide. Maybe from bouncing around the valve has closed some. Not much to keep a hydraulic slide from working but pressure not getting to the cylinder or the slide jamed. Also check to make sure you resoviour is filled with fluid.

Bob&Patty

Hi Pull, I did check all the valves and they all seemed to be open. I guess it was just a freak thing. I't just had never done that before. I just had a terrible thought at that moment that I could not get it to close. I would not be able to get it out of the driveway even to get it fixed for the rally this weekend:eek:. Bob:D

vickit

Bob,

As someone who is plunking down a deposit on a Big Horn this weekend, we have been told that if the slide out does not close due to dead batteries that we can use an electric drill to close the slide out. Is this not a true statement?

Thanks,

Vicki

jimtoo

Yes, if your batteries are dead or low, you can close the slides with an electric drill by turning the motor shaft.

Texasturtle

Texas Turtle
I have a neighbor who bought a BH 3055 the week after we bought our 3400. Two weeks ago on their vacation two bolts on thier slideout mount broke. Sheared off. They had to manually work the gears on each side until they got the slide back in. Added 'c' clamps and headed for home. We have had to order the replacement bolts due to the local Heartland shop not having them in stock.

You might want to crawl under and check ALL of the connections to make sure this is not a consideration for yours sticking.

Bob&Patty

Well people, it did it again. This time I opened the front compartment to take a look see. On top of the reservoir was a puddle of fluid and was dripping off the door side shut off knob. Maybe Texasturtle has hit on something. Does the slide work good going out if the if the bolts are broken?? But not come in?? It did finally come in after alot of grunting. BTW, the DW has hidden the warrenty manual. We wouldn't need it if we broke down somewhere. I am positive that it is the house somewhere. But just for right now what is the warrenty on the slides, now that the coach was a year old the 29th of September. Bob:D:D:eek:

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hey Forrest and Bob,
Keep me out of your spats. I have enough trouble backing up with my eyes closed. Now Forrest show ole Bob what a gentleman you are and show up at the socal rally like you should. And Bob, good luck on fixing your slide. Quit kicking it and it might work.

Forrest Fetherolf

Well people, it did it again. This time I opened the front compartment to take a look see. On top of the reservoir was a puddle of fluid and was dripping off the door side shut off knob. Maybe Texasturtle has hit on something. Does the slide work good going out if the if the bolts are broken?? But not come in?? It did finally come in after alot of grunting. BTW, the DW has hidden the warrenty manual. We wouldn't need it if we broke down somewhere. I am positive that it is the house somewhere. But just for right now what is the warrenty on the slides, now that the coach was a year old the 29th of September. Bob:D:D:eek:

B&P,
I called Lippert today for you............the hydraulics have a 5 year warranty.
It sounds like the high pressure relief valve is opening under high pressure and pumping fluid back into the reservoir causing the spill. Either a pump valve is sticking closed, the pressure relief valve is weak, or the slide is hanging up on something when attempting to close. The slide is a "flush with floor" slide and because of its size and weight takes a lot of fluid pressure to get it moving over the hump to close. You might try running the slide in and out several times without going full extension to where the slide drops into the "groove." If that works, the slide is sticking in the groove. Lift the slide leading edge carpet flap to see if the nylon bushing "slide ramp" is free of obstructions.

Forrest

Bob&Patty

Forrest, I will look at that. Thanks for the information. I did try it again this morning and it did the same thing. Starts to come in and then stops. If I keep running it in and out it will come back in but stops about 3" from closed but will finally close all the way. I guess I will take it in after the rally this weekend. Bob:(

Bob&Patty

Well Forrest, I called and made an appointment this morning ,BUT was told that Lippert wont pay the whole bill. I guess Im on the hook for some of the repair. WOW, three weeks out of warrenty. I did send Jim Fenner a PM and maybe Heartland will come to my rescue. I really don't want to take it back to Richardson's but maybe I will have to if Heartland will help me. We will see what happens because I believe Heartland are stand up people. Bob:D:D:eek:

Forrest Fetherolf

Well Forrest, I called and made an appointment this morning ,BUT was told that Lippert wont pay the whole bill. I guess Im on the hook for some of the repair. WOW, three weeks out of warrenty. I did send Jim Fenner a PM and maybe Heartland will come to my rescue. I really don't want to take it back to Richardson's but maybe I will have to if Heartland will help me. We will see what happens because I believe Heartland are stand up people. Bob:D:D:eek:

B&P......

If the warranty is 5 years, how could your 06 3055 be out of warranty? I wouldn't trust any dealer on who pays what, call Lippert and post on the forum "Ask the Factory"........for all to read, remember the "squeaky wheel" approach. It has worked for me in the past. Also Parker makes the hydraulic pumps for Lippert, give them a call. They have provided me with information on their pump systems in the past.

Forrest

dtvista

Slide stopping

Bob

I had my slides stop when closing (3055). After allowing it to set for 15 to 20 sec I could continue putting the slides in. Sometimes the slides would go all the way in and other timies they would stop 2 or 3 times before fully closing (Had to allow 20 seconds between starts) It never happened when I was opening the slides but only when closing. They found that there was a braker that overheated and cut off the power until it cooled down. They added a second switch/braker or something like that, that increased the amp size. Anyway, we have never had another problem with the slides. My dealer got the fix information from Heartland.

Look forward meeting you sometime. After hearing about you from Forest and Larry, I seem to know all about you.....None

Dave

Forrest Fetherolf

B&P........

Does the pump squeal when the slide stops? If not, could be low voltage to the pump motor, If squeals, pump system is by-passing. If not, jumper cable from batteries to solenoid terminals on pump motor, this could increase volts & amps if losing power.

Forrest

Bob&Patty

Forrest, yes the pump squeals and boggs down. No blown circuit breakers. There is fluid on top of the reservoir every time I look. The leak has to be coming from the pump or lines at the pump. For right now Jim B. and I are working with Lippert on this. I will report back on what is done. I believe in Heartland and Lippert to help me with this. The "Grand Poo-Bah" has got his wizard hat and magic wand out. OH yea, BTW, what did you and "crash" tell Dave (dtvista) about me :eek:. Larry I can get even with this weekend.:p I can have Patty take care of Larry, she's small but mean. BTW, I have a 07 2955RL. It was 1 year old the 29th of September. Bob:D:D:eek: