ATF: North Trail - low gas flow

Albertg

The temp has dropped off it's now 24 deg. Furnace is working but when I tried to run the stove the flame was very small. I switch tanks but same result. I;m sure the new tank is full.
Any suggestions?

Al

Albertg

The temp has dropped off it's now 24 deg. Furnace is working but when I tried to run the stove the flame was very small. I switch tanks but same result. I;m sure the new tank is full.
Any suggestions?

Al
Correction furnace is not running at full strength either.

rhodies1

When you are opening your tanks,open the valves very slow,they have an internal safety device that can restrict propane flow..if you open to fast the flow is reduced.
You could have a kinked line somewhere ,or a bad propane regulator.
Is this a new unit just purchased from a dealer,is so,did they fill the tanks or just say they are full.
Some things to check out

Albertg

I put on a new tank and opened the valve slowly and switched to that tank and it seems to be working. Can I just close the valve on the other tank and reopen slowly?
I'm feeling much better the temp was getting low and my water lines would be in danger without heat.

Thanks

Al

When you are opening your tanks,open the valves very slow,they have an internal safety device that can restrict propane flow..if you open to fast the flow is reduced.
You could have a kinked line somewhere ,or a bad propane regulator.
Is this a new unit just purchased from a dealer,is so,did they fill the tanks or just say they are full.
Some things to check out

Lou_and_Bette

I put on a new tank and opened the valve slowly and switched to that tank and it seems to be working. Can I just close the valve on the other tank and reopen slowly?
I'm feeling much better the temp was getting low and my water lines would be in danger without heat.

Thanks

Al

Al, I would recommend that on the other tank you turn off the valve and disconnect the pig tail. When this happened tp mine, I heard a slight click when I loosened the pigtail. May not be necessary but I didn’t want to have to repeat the process.

Lou

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
A lot of other weather variables seem to affect regulators that can cause the regulator. Colder humid weather can cause a regulator to freeze up too. Check the regulator for clogged or dirty vent.
Pickup a spare regulator. I have had the regulator slowly fail. usually one tank side starts acting erratic or does not switch automatically between tanks. Replacing with a spare will quickly determine if the regulator is failing.