Gateway 3650BH rear slide Bounce

Bones

I am looking for some ideas on how to keep my slides from bouncing in my Bunkhouse. I am soon to be on my 4th seal on the off door side rear slide in 2 years. The seal is affixed by screws and washers on both ends. it has been replaced a total of 3 times so far and appears to be getting worse and worse. This time I have the seal ripped upwards. I'm getting tired of replacing seals and want to try and fix the problem. The slide also appears to be damaging the gear mechanisms now from bouncing down the road for so many years. I have 4 full seasons on the rig now. Any thoughts? :cool::cool:

sengli

My theory is that there must excess clearance in the slide opening in the wall..allowing a lot of movement of the slide in that opening while traveling.
At least that is what I think my same issue is from.

I know when I coated the affected area of the seal with, silicon spray and really lubed it up the issues slowed down.

danemayer

Are you guessing that the slide is bouncing, or have you been able to see it bounce? If bouncing, I would think there might be damage to the gear packs or other components under the slide, if you have a hydraulic slide.

Bones

Are you guessing that the slide is bouncing, or have you been able to see it bounce? If bouncing, I would think there might be damage to the gear packs or other components under the slide, if you have a hydraulic slide.

I know the slide is moving. I am taking an educated guess that it is bouncing to a certain extent. Might not be a lot but enough. My gears and rams are making more noise than they use too on that slide.