2nd Time to replace LP regulator

thebig05

I have a 2016 Heartland Gateway 3660tb. I've replaced the regulator twice on the same bottle, and it will work for a few months and then start leaking. I need to find out where I can get the exact same one that it came with. Any help would be appreciated.

Lou_and_Bette

Big, are you referring to the regulator that controls which tank is in service, or are you referring to the small 30psi regulator in the line on the opposite side from your change over regulator?

Lou_and_Bette

If the regulator you are referring to looks like those posted by Marc, I have another suggestion for its replacement. I, like you, had to change this regulator on both of our rigs. When the regulator went out on the BH, nobody locally had one in stock and I had no time to wait for one to be shift. Out of desperation, and on the recommendation for a senior technician from our local propane company, I replaced this regulator with a high flow adjustable control valve rated from 0-30psi. This valve is used for those large outdoor propane cookers. That valve has been in use for the last two years with flawless performance. One of the advantages of this valve is it doesn’t have the internal rubber diaphragm that causes the OEM style to fail so I expect many years of service from this device.

fastcarsspeed

Do you have a pic of your new regulator? Heading to the hardware store now as my drivers side regulator on the toy hauler went also. Now I need to fill up the tank and replace the regulator before her trip south forever.

Lou_and_Bette

Sorry Fast, just now getting back to the forum after being away for a few days...surgery on Wed. The item Bill posted looks similar to the one I have but doesn’t connect right at the tank. It has been a couple of years since I installed mine and don’t remember if it came with a connector and hose or was the bare connector. If it came with hose, I detached it and inserted it where the OEM, non-adjustable, regulator was. I got mine at a Propane dealer who carries the burners that you can put large pots of “mud bugs” on for boiling. Maybe you can find it at a big box store but usually they just carry the whole apparatus. Good luck on your search.