Lasted two months

sengli

Well my wife bought me a furrion back up camera for a gift in July. We were, at the time still looking at buying a newer fifth wheel, so I never installed this unit. I tested it on the bench, and it worked fine. Went to install it finally this week and it is dead. Both the RX and the TX will power up, using the included wiring harness on a 12 volt battery on the bench (blue LEDS's) but there is no picture. I have tried to "pair" it again, and it seems as if the camera is not working. It comes on, but there is no signal?

Called furrion customer service, and unknown to me, and my wife.... if you buy any of their products off of e-bay, there is no warranty according to them!

danemayer

It's called the "Gray Market" and it's been a problem for buyers for a long time. Sometimes manufacturers provide warranty and sometimes they don't. I believe Nikon has denied warranty on Gray Market cameras for quite a long time.

Here's more info.

Lynn1130

I was told the same about buying off of Amazon on a product that I had not yet purchased but was shopping around for. I have not run into an issue with Amazon or their vendors but I suppose it could be there to get bit by.

sengli

Well we didnt really get the grey market price mark down. Furrion CS said if we had bought it thru amazon it would be covered. There goes untold hundreds of dollars, down the drain. Good thing I never got around to drilling holes in the rear cap to mount this.

Well I am going to go back to the tried and true method of sending DW, out back of the rig with a walkie talkie for backing insight.

CarterKraft

What did the Ebay Seller have to say?

I would think often times the Ebay seller is reputable dealer for a product but uses Ebay to have a online presence. Other times Ebay sellers are peddling discounted/damaged or discontinued wares that are sold as is.

I have bought plenty of each type from Ebay...

If the seller is "Bobs RV shop" and is a reputable Furion dealer then maybe Bob can just submit it for warranty?

Another thought, would Furion fix the camera for a cost?