Awning shade over slide out windows?

Greselda

We have one of the ultra lights, Sundance 265rk XLT, and we would love to be able to find a roll up type of exterior shade for our large slide out. Has anyone done this, and if so, where did you get them?

Thanks for your input! :D

Rick and Janine

jbeletti

Dometic's A&E brand window awnings can be purchased and installed at Camping World. I have seen Heartland coaches with a single manual pull-out window awning that shades both windows and I have seen Heartland coaches with individual manual pull-out awnings the shade each window individually.

Both seem to work well. I like the looks of the separate window awnings but my sense is that it is easier to roll out one than two awnings and cost-wise, one may be a little bit less money.

Carefree of Colorado also makes window awnings like this as well and many people seem to like Carefree better than Dometic's A&E brand.

Best of luck to you.

Jim

jpmorgan37

Greselda;

Here is a post that I made some time ago with the individual window awnings. We have used them quite a bit and really like them. You can read down this thread and see other applications to the same question. Here is my post.

John

Greselda

Hi John...

Thanks so much for the info and the pictures! They look like they will do the trick:) We are going to be making up our minds before we head out for our first snowbirding sometime in December.

Thanks again!!

Rick and Janine