3300RLB got delivered

laffman

Our new Sundance 3300RLB was delivered yesterday to our seasonal site at Silver Lake, MI. PDI went good, a few problems, all minor, which the dealer took care of. Once we got it level on the site, I was just amazed at the effectiveness of the JT Strong Arms. I would recommend these to everyone.

But we did have one cosmetic problem once the trailer was dropped off on the site and transport company had left, leaving me with no way to get it back to the dealer. I paid extra to have the exterior coated in a protective sealant at the dealership. This has a warranty for five years and I don't have to wax it. Along with normal washing, I just have to wash it once a year with the supplied chemicals and send in the annual warranty renewal. The problem is the dealer forgot to remove the advertisement stickers on the front cap. The "OK to ship", "Patented" and "88 degreee turn radius" stickers are still on. You should be able to see them in the picture. I left a voicemail and sent an email to the saleman, as the dealership was already closed when we noticed it. If the dealer can't do anything or is going to charge me for an on-site service call, I think I'll end up leaving them on. I don't know how the fiberglass will age in those spots versus the rest of the exterior that has the protective coating.

Other than this minor cosmetic issue, my experience with the dealer was fantastic. We're so excited about our Sundance. Now we just have to wait until April 15th to use it. This is when our campground opens again for the season.

100_0897-1.jpg

jbeletti

Nice Tim! Love the sig pic too - is that Shelley pointing at the Sundance?

Perhaps your dealer will send a tech out to remove the stickers and recoat just that area on-site. That would be a win-win I'd think. You get it done and they don't have to pay to have it hauled back and forth.

Jim

laffman

Yep, that's Shelley, proudly showing off our new "cottage".

I hope to hear form the dealer this morning. I'm hoping they will come out and take care of it. I'm just affraid they'll charge me for a service call. And the campground is already closed for the season. I had to arrange delivery with the campground owners to gain access. I hate to bother them again because of a dealer mistake.

jbeletti

Tim,

Sounds like their error - coating over advertising stickers. This is different than trailer graphics. Hopefully you can convince them of the error of their ways :)

Maybe best to wait for spring anyway. Just get a written commitment from them that they owe this to you.

Best of luck and happy camping to both you and Shelley.

Jim

wagenman

Beautiful coach... I just have to ask though.. did your dealership add the slide awnings on? I wanted them on mine when I ordered it but did not see the option from Heartland... I would like to add them on for next spring...

Wagenman

laffman

Yes the dealer did add the slide awnings. My third trailer had them but the last one didn't. I really regretted it. I made sure I got them this time. It was $1200 installed for all three slides.

100_0900-1.jpg

wagenman

Worth every penny I would bet.. They look good but yet serve a very practical purpose. Looks like I might have to start saving and invest in a pair!! Thanks for the reply..