Fantastic Fan garnish/cowling issues

Dumboldles

I changed out the original bath fan with a fantastic vent fan. I took my time and went okay as far as the roof part. When I tried to put the inside garnish on that hides the wire and other ugly stuff the fit was about 1 1/2 inches short from reaching the slots in the fan...so you see some of the stuff you’re not supposed to see (makes you appreciate the the thickness of the BH roof). Any suggestions would be appreciated or do I just live with it.

Thanks, Dumboldles

hoefler

You can reuse the old one if it fits, or purchase a new one for a deeper attic. Pay attention to the coners of the sleeve that goes into the fan assembly, they make them with square corners and round corners, they are not interchangeable.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
When I experienced that same thing a couple yrs ago, I just called the folks at Fantastic and they sent me a longer one. They're owned by Lippert now so your experience may vary!

carl.swoyer

I changed out the original bath fan with a fantastic vent fan. I took my time and went okay as far as the roof part. When I tried to put the inside garnish on that hides the wire and other ugly stuff the fit was about 1 1/2 inches short from reaching the slots in the fan...so you see some of the stuff you’re not supposed to see (makes you appreciate the the thickness of the BH roof). Any suggestions would be appreciated or do I just live with it.

Thanks, Dumboldles
I had the same issue, so I reused the old sleeve.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dumboldles

Thanks to those that replied. I called fantastic vent fans and they sent out a 6 inch deep garnish to replace the 4 incher. I had to take an inch off of this replacement using a dremel but, by craggy, got it to work.

Dumboldles