Smell in my 2017 Heartland Wilderness

Parksmam

Just wanted to share my current situation. I’ve had a horrible smell in my trailer
for months. I’ve eliminated numerous things at the suggestion of my dealer and
from other owners with similar problems. First item replaced was the under the sink
air admittance valve. I thought the problem got better. I opened the trailer today and
was met with the hottible smell. I had a friend come over today and he said let’s take
the front panel off the shower base. Guess what we found! Inches of STAGNANT water
under the shower trap. The pipe attaching to the shower drain was cross threaded and loose.
im drying it now and have corrected the issue. Hoping the floor under the shower isn’t rotten.

danemayer

Hi Parksmam,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Good to hear you've got the problem fixed.

wdk450

Just wanted to share my current situation. I’ve had a horrible smell in my trailer
for months. I’ve eliminated numerous things at the suggestion of my dealer and
from other owners with similar problems. First item replaced was the under the sink
air admittance valve. I thought the problem got better. I opened the trailer today and
was met with the hottible smell. I had a friend come over today and he said let’s take
the front panel off the shower base. Guess what we found! Inches of STAGNANT water
under the shower trap. The pipe attaching to the shower drain was cross threaded and loose.
im drying it now and have corrected the issue. Hoping the floor under the shower isn’t rotten.

If you want any possible warranty coverage on the wood flooring, I would call Heartland Service on Monday at the number on the forum portal page, top left, with your VIN number on hand (this is how Heartland files its records on each unit), and report the leak to the factory service group.

Fox

I wouldn't say it is fixed, I'd say it was identified.
What if that flooring is rotted - who's liable for that?

Parksmam

Thanks for the info. I will be on the phone with Heartland and my dealer on Monday. I have only owned it about 9-10 months so still under warranty.