PDA

View Full Version : ice maker winterizing

fordtech 2008
11-04-2018, 04:11 PM
What is the best way to winterize the ice maker? this is the first year we have had a rig with a icemaker

LKG_Ram
11-04-2018, 04:36 PM
I hook air compressor at 40 psi to water connection (set on city) and blow out all the lines including ice maker. Then **** off line to ice maker and winterize camper with antifreeze.

Regards,
Tony

danemayer
11-04-2018, 05:13 PM
If a Residential Refrigerator, there are a few more things in addition to the water feed line. Check out our Residential Refrigerator user guide (http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User%20Guides) for details. The refrigerator specifics are for a Frigidaire, but your refrigerator is probably similar.

carl.swoyer
11-05-2018, 06:39 AM
What is the best way to winterize the ice maker? this is the first year we have had a rig with a icemakerDepending on what state you live in this process could take two maybe three days.
Drive to Florida. [emoji41][emoji23]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

oldelmer1
11-05-2018, 03:54 PM
On my Frigidaire, the water will not pass thru without the filter in place, so I took the old filter out and cut the end off and took the insides out. Then glued it back together, so now I can fake out the Frigidaire and blow air through the entire system.