Question to sundance owners

roazo

Sundance Owner
Do any other Sundance owners with the refrigerator in a slide have problem with not cooling or not cooling on the road.
The lowest ours will get is 41 and will warm up on the road.:confused:

Thanks
Ron

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
hello roazo, we have a 3300sk and don't know what temp the refrig, cools down to, only it cools down enough to keep everything cold and have had no prob with it so far,knock on wood. TRAVELER07

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is possible it is not venting enough of the hot air out of the vents. Many have mounted a 12 volt fan behind the fridge to help vent out the hot air. Also inside the fridge on the right side of the fins in the there is a piece that will slide up and down. Up makes it colder down makes it warmer. That may need to be adjusted.

judyq

we have the 2009 2900MK and have had no problems with the fridge. I keep a thermometer in it to monitor the temp

laffman

I've found that the more food you have stored in the frig and freezer, the less work the unit has to do to keep it cool. If I don't have that much in one or the other, I'll put bottled water or milk jugs filled with water in the unit. I've done this in my popups and trailer trailers and plan on doing it in my new Sundance 5er. Have never had a problem keeping them cold when doing this.

I have an '08 2900MK. I can maintain 36 degrees F. with the temperature adjust slider at 75% of max cold. Outside air temp 90 degrees F.

- Jack

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hey Cannoncocker,

I'm retired Field Artillery; Missile units at first (Sergeant and Lance) and later 105's (in Korea). Unfortunately, ended up spending my last 8 years in automation. Good to see a fellow Artilleryman on the Sundance Forum We have a 2009 2900MK. Just got it about six weeks ago.

judyq

mine runs around 30 degrees. the temperature never varies and I have no problem with items freezing in the lower part of the fridge which would happen with my older unit.

roazo

Sundance Owner
Well I now have no fridge it quit all together yesterday. I have checked for LP,DC and AC voltage. All are present at fridge, checked fuses on control board, all Ok. Dont even have a light inside fridge nor any lights on control pannel.
I just had recall done before we left on vacation. Will take back to dealer after we get back.

jbeletti

With AC, DC and LP all checked and found to be within tolerance and no light in the refer, sounds like a bad control board to me.

And that is just a guess on my part as I have little experience with these.

Jim

roazo

Sundance Owner
Thanks Jim

I thinking that is the problem too. And the not cooling right I think is lack of air flow over the condensor since it is at the top and the air has to go down to get out of the top vent that is on the side of slide. I still think there needs to be fans in that area. The Tech a double J Campground where we stayed one night though that was the problem too.

I hope we can just get it to work right.

A happy Sundance owner and proud to be a member of the Heartland Family

jbeletti

The Double J - in Chatham, IL? We had our IL rally there. They are a SD/NT dealer too.

I read a post on RV.net yesterday about a guy who had a botched Dometic recall done. In his case, one of the lines behind the refer were connected to the wrong terminal. I guess it's the line that a fuse or some such is added in as part of the recall. His symptoms were that there was no ignition of the system on LP.

Jim

On edit: Found the RV.net post here. Bottom of page 1 by Espee.

roazo

Sundance Owner
Just got my unit back. They found that the fuseable link that is part of the recall was burnt or open. This fuseable link is designed to open if the uint gets to hot so that the boiler wont crack open. They tried to tell me it was defective part, but its unlikely since it worked fine for two weeks then failed.
They replaced it refrigerator is working for now.
I have some pancake fans ordered that I will install at the top of the compartment in the slide on the rear of refrigerator to help remove the heat.

Netem

Roazo, You should have came to the Il. rally we were the only Sundance there and the only ones from Mo. Met some very good people there.