Anybody Mount a SurgeGuard in their North Trail?

kampfirekid

Has anybody mounted a SurgeGuard in their North Trail yet? We have a 31BHD, and it looks like the room behind the converter may be limited. I mounted the same SurgeGuard in our last Jayco, and installed it with “peek holes” through the paneling so I could monitor the L.E.D.’s. I intend on replacing the old-fashioned power cord with a Shore Connection, so the space for the stored cord will be available, but that space is far enough behind the converter that I wont be able to see the SurgeGuard if mounted there. I need to mount it in a spot behind some cabinet paneling that allows me to “see” it.

Just looking at the pictures I have on my desktop, I may have to either take up some of the bottom of the pantry (not a big deal as we have PLENTY of storage space), or install it facing out the right side of our pantry toward the stove (behind the converter if there is room), or lastly in the carpeted box between the two slides. This carpeted box wuld require some "closing in" to avoid electrical shock exposure and I'm not too keen on having the power cord/connections being flrxed each time the slide goes in or out.

Just looking for ideas and experiences here. Thanks

Last edited:

Brad

I have the same question, so I'm reviving this post. :) Can anyone comment on how easy/difficult it is to hardwire a surge protector on a North Trail TT?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I don't know how it would be to mount surge protection in a North Trail, but if you need to monitor it after installation, check out one of THESE from Progressive Insdustries.

Peace
Dave

irvin56

I would ask this ? on the

heartland general forum area. there are other that have added one into there units.
They would all be the same, just a different place to mount.

and I don't know the layout of you units electrical panel. so I can not comment on where.