Canton Tx. camping

bowtorc

We are planning a side trip to the flea market in Canton Tx and would like to hear about any experiences anyone has had with campgrounds in the area.

Thanks

osims

bsims
We go to Canton several times a year. Most of the campgrounds(parking lots) are very crowded and tight. Usually you have to have reservation a month or so in advance. We have always looked at Canton as a shopping trip with the trailer instead of a camping trip. There is a fairly new CG there i have not been to called Mill Creek, I heard from others they have more space between sites. There are some places in Canton you can't get out of till Sunday afternoon when everybody starts to leave.

cjbearden

Visitor
We have stayed twice at Mill Creek and sites are very nicely spaced. This is a huge RV park with park models section (for sale of course) but there are two sections for RVs. Never stayed during trade days but recommend making reservations early. They are Good Sam's, TACO and Camp Club USA park. Used to be coast-to-coast but have dropped that discount.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
If you get there on a Wenesday or Thursday, you can park on the grounds next to the "Old Mill Place". We have bypassed the large lot and parked down on the grassy area. First come, first served. It's on the Henry Lewis property. 30 amp service and water is all you get, but you're on the grounds and don't have to walk all over the place. Another area is the dedicated sites, on the south side of the property. There are many of the vendors there, and they have a lot of fun in the evening after the booths close. It's a great weekend, unless it's raining, then stay at the other RV spots on the firmer ground. We make it about 4 times a year. I don't know why, but last month there were fewer vendors than usual. October is typically a busy month, but the economy may have some bearing on it.

rwoodall

Marshfield, Mo
Terrell TX is not too far from Canton and there is Bluebonnet RV near I-20. Tyler TX also has a park on west side near the loop and airport that’ not that far from Canton.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We have stayed on the grounds (NOT recommended!) and at the Canton I-20 RV Park. The RV park is much better but it's about five miles out of town, just across I-20. It was a very quiet park but I would recommedn a reservation for the shopping weekend.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
We stay on the grounds at canton. $25.00 per night, no reservation, enter from the "north" gate. Try to get there wed. Or thursday to get a decent spot. They have water, electricity, and sewer. Normally need a hose wye to get water. It is around the outer edges of the parking lot. You pay in advance and if you leave before sunday they give you your money back. Great for shopping, as you get to return to your rv with your packages and also to rest/eat. Also a campground by the civic center on the other side of the rv park. We have never stayed there and i don't know anything about it. They close the north gate at dark, and you must enter from the main entrance and wind your way into the campground area. Tight fit for a big rig but is doable.