2019 - Goshen Rally - Children's Program

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Note: The Children's Program that was planned by Iowa Chapter Leaders, David and Shel Lippe has been cancelled, as the Lippe's cannot make the rally due to flooding in their neighborhood.

David has contacted the couple of families this cancellation affects.

We wish David and Shel all the best in dealing with the situation at home.

My wife and I are thrilled to be working a childrens program for the 2019 Goshen rally.
We are currently the Iowa chapter leaders and have been since 2013. We have attend the Goshen rallies in 2015 and 2017.
With three kids, we wanted a way for kids to feel a part of the rally themselves. We know other kids attend the Goshen rallies. Sometimes they are found and become friends and other times discovery is more difficult since other kids seem to stay trapped in their own RVs.

We hope to make some activities that encourage kids to be able to interact with other kids. Some ideas currently floating around include a pizza party or movie night. Crafting activity. games in the fields.
This thread will be used for ideas and feedback on a Childrens program any suggestions for activities on or off-site are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

I'm pleased to announce that Iowa Chapter Leaders, David and Shel Lippe have agreed to take on the responsibility for developing and managing this program. Very exciting!

For those who responded to the Children's Program Interest Survey and those who are considering bringing children to the rally but didn't get a chance to take the survey, please subscribe to this thread to stay abreast of the program planning and to give David and Shel your feedback.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Anyone with kids planning to attend the 2019 Goshen Rally, I would like to hear about activities for kids that you would like to see available.

sci-fi

Hi! I'm Shel.

Thought I'd post one: a kid-friendly crafting session involving making a few no-sew, tie fleece blankets and donate those through the Ronald McDonald House/Give Back program. It'd be a nice way for the kids to help contribute!

Any thoughts?

jbeletti

Hi! I'm Shel.

Thought I'd post one: a kid-friendly crafting session involving making a few no-sew, tie fleece blankets and donate those through the Ronald McDonald House/Give Back program. It'd be a nice way for the kids to help contribute!

Any thoughts?

I love this!

How about you, Heartlanders that may bring some kids to the rally?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Coming to the rally with kids? Be sure to come early for the pre-rally and join us on the Cooks Bison ranch tour. The kids, young and young at heart will enjoy it.
On kid friendly tour, You may see a very young bison, see bison grazing in the fields. Ride in a covered wagon and even may feed the bison a treat!

The Lunch and games after the tour were also fun!

Brief Details
Details
Who: Any Pre-Rally attendee (registration required)
What: Cook’s Bison Ranch Tour and Lunch
When: Sunday, June 9th - Arrive at 11 am, eat around 12 pm and leave around 1 pm
Where: 5645 E 600 S, Wolcottville, IN – 260-854-3297
Cost: $22 per adult / $15 per child (12 and under) rate includes tour, meal, tax and gratuity
Tickets: Event tickets will be produced and will be in an envelope in your rally bag

Full details:
https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...-s-Bison-Ranch?p=610083&viewfull=1#post610083

The pictures here are from the Cooks Bison ranch tour during the 2017 Heartland National rally.

Covered Wagon.jpg
Covered wagon

Bisontrailer.jpg
Bison enjoying a treat

JJnVA

Hi! I'm Shel.

Any thoughts?

Shel,
Awesome, AWESOME idea!
Another activity to go along with the gift of blankets is for the kids to make a greeting card with messages of positive cheer and get well wishes such as "Wishing you a sunshine day"! Can make cards for both the hospitalized child and their family.

We will be offering tours of the Ronald McDonald House in South Bend during pre-rally & possibly rally week.

Judi
(2019 Heartland Gives Back Coordinator)

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Shel,
Awesome, AWESOME idea!
Another activity to go along with the gift of blankets is for the kids to make a greeting card with messages of positive cheer and get well wishes such as "Wishing you a sunshine day"! Can make cards for both the hospitalized child and their family.

We will be offering tours of the Ronald McDonald House in South Bend during pre-rally & possibly rally week.

Judi
(2019 Heartland Gives Back Coordinator)

Would a tour of RMH with a bit focus on kids be possible.? Just thinking that a coordinated tour with our
Children's program may be interesting to see the blankets made be dropped off (not distributed) during the tour could help make a better connection of where they go.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
While we have come up with a number of interesting ideas for the children's program, We would like to hear from those of you that plan or are thinking of attending with kids any ideas that you would like to see or participate in.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Thinking about bringing the kids to the rally? Not sure what there is to do for them?

No problem, We are working on events for the kids to do and be able to have fun and meet other kids at the rally.

Have ideas or not sure? Ask or tell me what you want! All suggestions are welcome.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Planning the childrens program for the Goshen rally and look forward to your childrens participation. We are still planning activites and are tailoring the program to those participating. We would love to hear from you and welcome your ideas.

Also, Check out the Cooks Bison Tour, This tour is being featured and is kid friendly and highly recommended to those with kids.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...-s-Bison-Ranch?p=610083&viewfull=1#post610083[/FONT]

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If you are registered or registering for the 2019 Goshen rally and have children, Don't forget that there is a Childrens Program this year and I would like to hear any ideas that your kids have for activities that we can do at the rally.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I have directly contacted the families with children registered for the rally.

You can send me a PM or post here if you have have not been contacted and have kids attending the rally.

jbeletti

CANCELLED: 2019 - Goshen Rally - Children's Program

Note: The Children's Program that was planned by Iowa Chapter Leaders, David and Shel Lippe has been cancelled, as the Lippe's cannot make the rally due to flooding in their neighborhood.

David has contacted the couple of families this cancellation affects.

We wish David and Shel all the best in dealing with the situation at home.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Prayers for the Lippes and all those effected by the flooding.
Thank you for the prayers.

Mostly inches of water in the basement, but it must be pumped out and are still working on getting it dried out. Each time it rains the situation worsens. Many of our neighbors are in similar situations. With more heavy rain in the forecast during the time of the rally we needed to be home to deal with this worsening situation.

It was a very difficult to cancel a trip that we planned so long and looked forward to enjoy.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We'll miss you and Shel and of course, your kids, David. Good luck!

ATLJOHN

So sorry to hear that. Stay safe and hope you will not get to much water damage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk