Storage door hinges

poppie

Hi folks has anyone had trouble with the hinges on the storage bay doors both mine are cracked and split about 6 inches are these hard to replace and is this a common problem?
Tracy

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Are they riveted to the door panel and frame? I believe the door and frame are shipped to the assembly line as a finished unit, not put together there.

You would need to drill out the rivets and replace the hinge with a suitable aluminum piano hinge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poppie

Are they riveted to the door panel and frame? I believe the door and frame are shipped to the assembly line as a finished unit, not put together there.

You would need to drill out the rivets and replace the hinge with a suitable aluminum piano hinge.

Thank you John I was afraid of that and it is painted and will not match well so not sure where to go from here.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You could contact HL to get details in the part number for the door assembly. It may still be in production and you could replace the entire assembly. I’ve done the four cargo doors on mine (had to get them from another club member) and it’s not all that difficult. The assembly is just screwed into the subframe around the opening.

Mine were older and out of production, but another member had kept his identical ones after replacing his with newer slam doors.