Storage Ideas for Staircase Area

Oregon_Camper

I've removed my TorkLift Revolution stairs and replaced with Lippert Solid Step (the kind that lifts up into RV)

Now I have an open area where the Torklift stairs were located (BTW...I installed the Torklift stairs on my sisters 5th wheel)

I've seen Lippert and MORryde box that goes in the stair well, but wasn't impressed with either one. Has anyone found anything better?

Aandaar

It does not come waterproof but I added a door gasket and used RTV is a couple of places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vpnman

I don't want to hijack your thread - but I'm curious if you are going to do a review / comparison of the two step systems? I vote for a blog post! I enjoy your YouTube videos and blog posts - would be very curious to see your thoughts on the two. I'm considering both to replace my factory steps. --Scott

Oregon_Camper

I don't want to hijack your thread - but I'm curious if you are going to do a review / comparison of the two step systems? I vote for a blog post! I enjoy your YouTube videos and blog posts - would be very curious to see your thoughts on the two. I'm considering both to replace my factory steps. --Scott

Yes...I already have the video shot. Now I just need time to edit all the raw video and write the Blog. ...this would be a lot easier if I was retired. :)

Quick summary...going from factory steps that didn't touch the ground to Torklift was soooo nice. Now, going from Torklift to the Lippert SolidStep was AMAZING. The Torklift creaks and has "some" movement...the Solidstep is ROCK solid. I'm sure the MORRyde is fantastic too.

Aandaar

I concur. I got the Morryde stairs and storage box.

c2dcdd27b2d5a9da9ef46c71b0c1e4af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Just following up with your question.

Here is the link to the video on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=Ga8a6Ox3v3A

Here is the link to the Blog
https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/single-post/2018/11/18/New-Solid-Steps---WOW

vpnman

Thanks! I just read the blog and watched the video, good stuff!

The link you put to the steps on Amazon, is that what you ordered - the 30"? I don't have access to my 3160 at the moment (getting warranty work done an hour away), but am anxious to get this ordered so I can install over the winter.

Oregon_Camper

Thanks! I just read the blog and watched the video, good stuff!

The link you put to the steps on Amazon, is that what you ordered - the 30"? I don't have access to my 3160 at the moment (getting warranty work done an hour away), but am anxious to get this ordered so I can install over the winter.

I would highly recommend you call Lippert first. They will ask you to provide some measurements and let you know if that one is correct. The link is there to give folks an idea on cost, but always best to call Lippert to ensure you get the right one.

Note..they have an updated version with a lift assist shock, that helps you raise the stairs. Honestly, that seem like a marketing ploy...the stairs are very easy to lift and put away without the shock.