Add fireplace to Sundance 2880

Can anyone tell me Make and Model # of an electric fireplace that I can purchase that will fit my 2017 Sundance 2880? Thanks!

danemayer

Hi Bigfoot2017,

I don't have a specific suggestion, but I believe Heartland has for quite some time been using 26" wide electric fireplaces. They are widely available online and likely at big box stores. The question is whether there's a location in your Sundance where you can make it fit without too much trouble.

You may also want to consider freestanding heater/fireplaces.

Hi Bigfoot2017,

I don't have a specific suggestion, but I believe Heartland has for quite some time been using 26" wide electric fireplaces. They are widely available online and likely at big box stores. The question is whether there's a location in your Sundance where you can make it fit without too much trouble.

You may also want to consider freestanding heater/fireplaces.

THANKS! That’s enough info to get me started in the right direction.. Again Thanks!

sengli

Be aware that those electric fireplaces will draw 12.5 amps on the high 1500W setting, so you will need to wire it accordingly to handle that amount of current safely. I know the plug on ours gets hot, after period of time, enough so I dont run it long.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I know the plug on ours gets hot, after period of time, enough so I dont run it long.
Fellow Texas member Dave Tyler gave me a kit that he put together consisting of a new plastic remodel shallow box and a new heavy duty receptacle to replace the cheapo RV box and receptacle used for the fireplace.
There is no longer a hot plug there.
Think about upgrading your fireplace receptacle.

Peace
Dave