Need Sealant Chart for M185

ThundrR

Does anyone have a Sealant Chart for a 2019 Mallard M185 so I can see the correct caulking suggested by Heartland for every area of the entire camper. I need to buy a couple tubes of every different type of caulking this thing is supposed to use so I can go back behind a Camping World hack job and clean up their inefficiencies, as well as just flat out fix they places they missed.

danemayer

Hi Thundr,

I've not ever heard of a sealant chart. The general instruction is to examine the existing sealant and apply new stuff where needed. On the roof you want self-leveling RV caulk. On the sides you want non-leveling. The self-leveling stuff puddles a bit. The non-leveling stuff stays put on vertical surfaces. Any RV dealership parts dep't should have both types from Dicor.

ThundrR

Looks like Camping World used white silicone on the sides and clear silicone on the front and back. And that was warranty work approved by Heartland. And they didn’t even bother to remove the cracked caulk. Just caulked over the top. Now it’s falling off.

Hi Thundr,

I've not ever heard of a sealant chart. The general instruction is to examine the existing sealant and apply new stuff where needed. On the roof you want self-leveling RV caulk. On the sides you want non-leveling. The self-leveling stuff puddles a bit. The non-leveling stuff stays put on vertical surfaces. Any RV dealership parts dep't should have both types from Dicor.

todd0013

yeah they do some prety shaddy work. they used bright white for the back of mine. when they should of used gray, but the kicker is they caulked around the shower and one tail light. didnt other with the other tail light. it looks like a joke now and im stuck with it.