Can't find the light switch

txtinman

I can't find the light switch for the light over the bed slide in my 2018 426. It's wired so I think it should have a switch. I'm wondering if HL forgot to install it? :confused:

no switch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I don't have a Road Warrior, so I'm no help there, but I would suggest calling your selling dealer or Heartland Customer Service. 574 262-8030 and have your VIN in hand.

txtinman

I emailed Heartland, but they are out of the office for the rest of the week. Just thought someone here might have my unit and know if there is a switch or not.

I don't have a remote control for anything except for the TV and radio.

avvidclif

Look for a small arm at the base of the lights that moves. It could on the back side and not apparent. Just run your finger around the base of the fixture. If it's hits something see if it will move.

Garypowell

Do you see any wires coming out the back of the slide trim? You could follow those.

I have never seen a light in that spot....could it simply be a mirror?

txtinman

Look just like the ones I have in my closet and yes I did look. Maybe you can take a better picture would help all of us trying to help you!
OK. I see the push button lights. I was focused on the big mirror looking thing in the center of the photograph. Maybe I should have zoomed in more.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you see any wires coming out the back of the slide trim? You could follow those.

I have never seen a light in that spot....could it simply be a mirror?
There are wires in the back of it. When you look into the glass you can see the LED strip light inside. I have the same lights over the kitchen slide and the slide opposite the kitchen. Both of those have switches. Considering Heartland's sketchy quality control, I'm guessing they forgot to install a switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Look for a small arm at the base of the lights that moves. It could on the back side and not apparent. Just run your finger around the base of the fixture. If it's hits something see if it will move.
I looked, but no joy.

txtinman

I got a reply from Heartland. The engineer who worked my trailer is no longer there. They sent me schematics for all the electrical installations, but it doesn't show the light over the bed. I asked them to send me a switch and I would install it. I'm still waiting for an answer.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk