Power Stabilizer - problem

geeksrus

The Lippert stabilizers have failed... the motor runs but the screw rod does not engage. Manual override works okay.

I think I applied too much torque last time I set up.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to fix?

Thanks Eh!

sealman

There is a shear pin....There is a motor shaft and a mechanism shaft, and a coupling sleeve there will be a shear pin (roll pin) that goes through the coupling and the shaft. You will need a drift to drive out the old broken pin. Also a nail of a similar size will work if a drift pin is unavailable...The roll pin size is approx. 5/32"; but I am not exactly sure.....Its been a few months...I have spares in the 5er at the lake.
When you purchase new pins, the length is not that critical as there is lots of room for it to go all the way through the coupling.
Regards,
John

geeksrus

Thanks to all for your assistance... especially Sealman.

Did the fix yesterday & it was the Coupler Pin that had sheared. Didn't have a replacement so used a nail & bent the end. It was an awkward fix as we had to drill thru the rod to get a hole thru the rod to fit the nail.

It seems to me that the bent nail idea is easier than trying to getting a new Coupler Pin into position.

Eh!

sealman

Be careful using a naik insteal of a roll pin as it will not shear when it should. It acts as a fuse so you do no bend anything or damage your motor. Be very careful.

geeksrus

Be careful using a naik insteal of a roll pin as it will not shear when it should. It acts as a fuse so you do no bend anything or damage your motor. Be very careful.

Where do you get the roll pin? Also how the heck do you get it into position?

Eh!
ps: where in Texas do you reside?... we will be in Mission for 3 months starting December 1st.