Another Idea for Better Sealing The Dometic Toilet

wdk450

I still have my original 10 year old Dometic SC210 toilet. Over the years I have replaced the seal at least 3 times (including an improved anti-leak seal the last time), and the ball valve mechanism a couple of time. Between overhauls I have tried various lubricant/sealer chemicals, including Murphys Oil Soap spray last. The recent problem seemed to be that the ball valve would not snap back into position well when the pedal was released, leaving either a visible opening to the toilet drain works, or just a seal leak. Lifting on the pedal after releasing it seemed to help some, but not completely. I finally hit on the idea of trying to better lubricate the ball valve pivots along with the ball valve/rubber seal interface.

I have some premium Tri-Flow general spray lubricant on hand that I used on my repeatedly squeaky main door hinges.
( https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRI-FLOW-L...=item214578f350:g:m3sAAOSw7pZbbF98:rk:13:pf:0 ) I decided to try that on the toilet. I turned off the water supply, stepped on the pedal up and down some to locate the ball valve pivot points, and then gave those points a spray with the Tri-Flow that comes out of the can in a strong stream. I worked the valve a few times, and then sprayed the top surface of the ball valve with some more spray, and worked the valve a few more times, before restoring the water supply.

It has been a couple of weeks since I did this, the ball valve snaps closed as strong as if the toilet was new. No need to lift on the pedal, no more leaks or smells. This is a super easy thing to try instead of the uncomfortable and messy job of taking the toilet apart.