Any Items We Should Check While In For Warranty Service?

kampfirekid

Our new North Trail 31BHD is going shortly to be winterized, and while it is in, they will be taking care of a few warranty things we found on the walkthrough - and since then.
Are there any things you North Trail owners have noticed that we should double-check before we take it in to try and get them all taken care of at once?

So far, we have the following items to be corrected:

1) Peeling and scratched graphics
2) Undersink leaks
3) Peeling and bubbling wallpaper border
4) Poor hot water
5) Moisture and fog in front hitch light
6) Warped storage doors.
7) Inoperable venetian blind
8) Corroded and burned out side marker light
9) Damaged sing edge rub strips
10) Variety of lables and stickers (low point drain, etc.) peeling

Any issues you all have had that we should consider checking out on our trailer before sending it in are appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

kampfirekid

Check everything...........Warranty is a pain.......

Well, I was hopeful for any specifics, but the more time I spend in ours, the more poor QC items I find. Yesterday, I openend the plumbing chase to find copper reflecting light from my flashlight. Turns out, when the factory cut the chase opening with a zip tool, they ran through the wires (Romex) that feeds the outlet below the TV shelf in out 31BHD. I had my hand on the jamb and am lucky I didn't go for a ride. The wiring has been stripped of the insulation.

All in all, I have a list now of 29 items. A few are items from shipping or may be from sitting in the dealers lot, like peeling graphics, corroded light fixtures, corroded marker lights, peeling wallpaper border, etc., but most of them are pure quality control items... things I feel the unit should have never left the factory with.

I am sure our dealer an Heartland will resolve them. I look at the structure of our unit, how sound the frame and walls are, the insulation, and the extreme pleasure it is to tow, and I accept Heartland is new and working out the bugs. If they desire to disregard the items I have found, then things may turn out different. I do, however, think "I wonder how many other wores have been cut that I can't see?" I hope they surface before our warranty runs out.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Ours is in right now for the last warranty "fixes" which are all cosmetic in nature, except for the really squeaky bathroom floor. After a year on the road, We didn't find much beyond the initial stuff on our first list, but have reported the issues and just waited to take it in at the last minute as none of the items affected our use of the unit. We had a small plumbing issue while on vacation, but just put a temp fix in place to get in our last trip.
It seems like you have checked everything out really well so I don't think you'll probably find much else, but if it were me, I'd use the heck out of it before the warranty runs out or at least give a list to the dealer of things you find so they can authorize repairs before it expires.
We are technically two weeks out of warranty, but a list of all the items and pics were sent to the dealer to have HL authorize a few weeks ago. Absolutely zero issues in the authorization process and everything is covered. We lucked out with a great dealer and service dept. that have been a breeze to deal with. My two direct dealings with HL customer service were also exceptional. Just make sure you document everything. If you do have problems with your dealer, don't hesitate to call HL customer service.