Floors

Hello, I have a used 2014 288RLS travel trailer ( I am the second owner since Feb. 2018) and the floor is horrible throughout the trailer. Each time someone walks lightly anywhere in the trailer the floor vibrate the motion to the furniture. The island sink cabinet is another issue, when someone walks by the sink cabinet you can actually see the whole sink cabinet move down as you sit on the couch. I have hydraulic 4 point jacks with 9 inch plates for leveling and stability. Just last week I put on 4 BAL stabilizer bars on the front corners to try and help with the movement as someone walks around inside the trailer. The stabilizer bars did stop the movement of the trailer, but still the floor vibrates the motion of someone walking lightly. You have to tip toe around in the trailer and still my wife says to walk softer as she sits either on the couch or in a chair due to the floor moving. The vibration is so bad the TV mounted to a TV mount and bolted to the cabinet even moves as someone walks lightly. You can put a glass of water on any cabinet or the free standing table and the water will roll from side to side like being in a bath tub. On the door side next to the bed the floor has about a 1 inch sink in the floor for some reason. I looked under the trailer on the bottom side where the sunk area is located in the bedroom, but you cannot see the sunk area. I emailed Heartland about the floor issues, shower floor pan sinks when you stand on it plus the shower wall crack problems and the 2 chairs in the living room area that feel like they will fall apart when your rotate the chairs as you sit in them rock from side to side as you rotate. Heartland response is trailer out of warranty, so your on your own with your problems. Heartland emailed me about shower wall and said would be $130.00 for a new wall plus shipping and I have to do the install or hire someone to do the work. Do any of you owners of Sundance or any other Heartland brand have the same floor issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

sengli

I know I weigh 240lbs, and I havent walked in any TT, from any manufacturer.. that I didnt feel that the floor was "giving" under my girth. As for the plastic showers, they are known again to crack over time, and they require a lot of support under them. These rigs are built to be light, in some cases too light.

jerryjay11

Having replaced a floor in a previous TT I would be looking at the floor panels to see if there is any water damage or the framing is cracked from previous owner. Problem is to see the frame of the floor you need to remove some floor covering. I'd do this before worrying about the shower unit.