Flexguard warranty

billd

Is the warranty on the Flexguard one year? I have two that are broken and will fix them myself, just wondering if Lippert will send me the parts to do it.

Thanks

Bill

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bill, flexguard? Are they plastic holders for the wires on the slides?? I have one that is broken and gets wadded up when I close the 1 slide. Bob:D:D:eek:

Fordsd250

If you do a search on this forum you will find this topic. I think on Lipperts web site they have a fix posted. I had 2 break, but I fixed them with hinges so they are more flexable. So far so good. My 5er is 3yrs old.

billd

Bob,

Yup that is what I am talking about, The support the wires and protect them when the slides move in and out.

Fords250,

I have seen the post but have not found anywhere where the warranty period is for them.

I contacted Lippert, the parts for their fix are $12 each per slide.

Bill

Uncle Rog

billd, I did as forsd250, used $3 worth of hinges and self tapped into the frame and then used pop rivets on the strap to the hinge. I think it is better than new.........

jbeletti

Bill,

Yes - 1 year from Heartland. Unknown from Lippert but sounds like you found out on your own. If what Lippert is wanting to sell you is the same exact parts, then I woudl reconsider.

You should call them back to discuss the LIP Sheet on the Flex Guard for Heartland RVs. Scroll down to LIP Sheet 0028 at this link. I think it comes with a new Flex Guard and an new bracket that is an off-set bracket. This was a fix-kit as I understand it for some older units that may have had the Flex Guard attached too far inward on the frame causing to much stress on the plastic Flex Guard.

I hear the hinge fix works well too. Maybe some of the guys can share pics of their fix??

Jim

DaleR

Just placed an order the other day through Richardson"s RV Center. Cost $37.71, I assume postage and handling.

fhollan

Flex Guard and Bracket

Jim B. is correct. On the older units, such as mine, I had the problem with the flex guard, which was stretched to tight and broke. I ordered a new one plus the bracket through the dealer at no cost, along with other warranty work done last year spring. So far no problem.

billd

I ordered the offset brackets from Lippert. I am going to use those and the hinges for my fix. A new flexguard is $35 and offset bracket is $12. 1 year warranty on them.

Bill