Front Basement Leak

BobTheBuilder

With even a slight rain, the front basement has water puddled in the bottom and I have no idea where it is coming in. I know it is not sealed well (mice constantly get in there) but being tucked up under the front should give it protection from most rain leaks. If I emptied it and got in there during a rain storm I could probably find it but without some place to put all the items I store there, that is not a good option. I only have one tiny roof leak that is not fixed (or located) that comes out in a light fixture over the entry door so I don't think it is related. It only leaks a little and then only in long hard rains.

Does anyone have any experience with leaks into that compartment or ideas on where it might be getting in?

mlpeloquin

You need to fix the leak. Water will cause black mold and rot faster than you think. It can travel a long way to find a point to exit. So do not discount that it could be the one causing the small amount of water exiting the light fixture. There are tank vent pipes that are behind the UDC that exit the roof and mounting screws near by. You got to get on the roof on your hand and knees gently probe around the edges of each area sealed using a plastic putty knife to make sure it is truly bonded to the roof. Another area that needs to be watched is the area where the front and rear cap meets the roof. It may looked sealed, but again you need to gently probe.

sengli

If the water in landing in the front battery area, most likely a roof or front cap leak going on. Water kills RV's so letting it go will really cause a lot od damage in a short period of time. The most obvious is the caulking seems on the roof, where the cap meets the roof.

Landmark50

If it is leaking at the cap on the roof you might want to try taping that seam on the roof with Eternal Bond R V rubber roof tape.
Ive used it and its worked well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk