Recipes from the Central California Rally - Jackson Rancheria, October 2008

flamingknitter

OK - here goes. A place for us to post the recipes for all that incredible food we consumed last weekend.

Buffalo Dip

8 oz cream cheese
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce
Shredded cheddar cheese.

Cover the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan with cream cheese. Layer the rest over cream cheese ending with the cheddar cheese. Bake until bubbly at 350 degrees. Dip with crackers.

Grape salad

2 Yoplait harvest peach yogurts
8 oz cream cheese
green grapes
red grapes

Wash and dry grapes. Mix yogurt and cream cheese together and mix with grapes. Serve.

Hope to see more recipes posted. It was good to meet you all and hope to see you again in the spring!

Marybeth

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
thanks Marybeth! What a great idea!
I want the broccoli salad recipe that Teresa's SOB friends made. And Judy's hot dip as well... Yum

Last edited:

jbeletti

MB,

Thanks for the recipes thread. I love it when people share their rally recipes. Sometimes this happens at the rally and other times, afterwards. And, I like to put them in other places. Don't be surprised to find some of these recipes on the Heartland RVs factory website :)

Great food - thanks everyone!

Jim

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Debbi Kuhn's Raspberry Cheese Pie Appetizer

2 cups Shredded Havarti Cheese
2 cups Shredded Chedder Cheese
6 Green Onions finely sliced
1 cup Chopped pecans or almonds
1/4 cup Mayonaise (add to taste)
3/4 cup Raspberry preserves with seeds

Mix the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. The mayonaise is really used to make the cheeses cohesive but not creamy.

Invert the mixture into a pie pan that has been lined with plastic wrap. Cover with additional plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.

When ready to serve, flip the cheese pie over on to a platter and spread it out. Microwave the preserves in a measuring cup for about a minute. After stirring, spread the preserves over the cheese pie.

Use a spreader and serve with "Cabaret" crackers or large size wheat thins.
Enjoy!