Stud Locations on a 31BHD to Mount Rear Ladder

kampfirekid

I'm considering mounting a ladder on the rear of our 2009 (early build) 31BHD. Does the factory have a drawing of where the 2-1/2" aluminum tubes and rod deck joists are located so I can attach to some good framing? This will also help me in fabricating the ladder to the correct dimensions. Thank you.

M

Mcreech

There are 2 - 2x4 studs running vertical starting at the right corner on the trailer and over then 12 inches

kampfirekid

There are 2 - 2x4 studs running vertical starting at the right corner on the trailer and over then 12 inches

Thank you. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but may I ask a few clarifications? I hate to drill holes in the pretty fiberglass and have to patch them.

A) Is the "corner" one stud, then there is only one stud to the left of that 12", or are there two studs to the left of the corner such that the right stringer of the ladder will be 12" back from the curb side corner of the trailer?

B) If hooking a measuring tape on the corner, is the 12" mark the "leading edge" of the first "stud" and is the face of the stud (the face the exterior fiberglass is fastened to) four inches in width, or two? I guess that will tell me the rear wall thickness, too. I tought the aluminum tube members were 2-1/2"?

C) As for the roof, I know I'm going to have to work with the tub/shower skylight, but where are the deck trusses located and what are their sizes as well.

Sorry to be a pain, but you know the "worries" of cutting/drilling/fastening into a good substrate. I weigh about 220#, and I would hate to take the trailer apart with my fat rear pulling down a ladder.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

SmokeyBare

Often on those cool mornings... when the dew is out... one can see the shape and location of the studs by the dew lines on the RV.

Just one more... Mother Nature's tools to use...

Marv