Ordering a replacement pullout floor

Ordering a replacement floor (pullout)
I have a 2008 Sundance Heartland Fifth wheel RV with three slide-outs.

I started by looking at YouTube Videos, talking to others’ and found a possible (DIY) replacement repair using ¾” Marin Plywood (sealed with boat penetrating epoxy) with a PVC-Sheet (.060) on the bottom surface for the sliding bearing surface.
Before I start such a DIY effort to make my own (better than OEM) replacement floor board I contacted the company that build the many of the flooring for RV manufactured in and around Elkhart, IN. I was asked to call the RV manufactory for the part.

I wrote an email to Heathland RV Part department (MidWestParts@Heartlandrvs.com) requesting a price quote using my RV’s last 6 digit VIN# with locating of the Pullout floor board. The price quote was replied very quickly with the correct size, and cost for only the part with more follow-up questions.

11719 : Floor - Slide Out - 3/4 x 42 1/2 x 96 - w/Bvl- $131.16
Plus tax and shipping
If you would like to place an order please respond back to this email with the following information:
- First and last name
- Shipping address
- Contact phone number
- Quantity needed
In about 7-14 business days when everything is packed and ready to ship we will call you for payment and let you know the overall total including tax and shipping at that time. [/COLOR]

It took about two more follow-up emails requesting some type of an Est. for freight. When I was talking to one of the RV Floor Builder their Est. was be more in the $250.00 range. I even did my own freight quote online with an average cost around $350, but I sure the Mfg. have a contract with the freight company for a discounted rate. My follow-up emails was answered with “Rough” Est. to be shipped to 85742 (Tucson AZ.)

Rough estimate for shipping is around $125.00

Total Est. Cost for the part, rough Est. plus ~ 8.5 Tax = $267, not bad!

I’m wondering from anyone else your experience in ordering a pullout floor board part form HEARTLAND RV Part department?

Does the price for shipping seem too good to be true?

carl.swoyer

Ordering a replacement floor (pullout)
I have a 2008 Sundance Heartland Fifth wheel RV with three slide-outs.

I started by looking at YouTube Videos, talking to others’ and found a possible (DIY) replacement repair using ¾” Marin Plywood (sealed with boat penetrating epoxy) with a PVC-Sheet (.060) on the bottom surface for the sliding bearing surface.
Before I start such a DIY effort to make my own (better than OEM) replacement floor board I contacted the company that build the many of the flooring for RV manufactured in and around Elkhart, IN. I was asked to call the RV manufactory for the part.

I wrote an email to Heathland RV Part department (MidWestParts@Heartlandrvs.com) requesting a price quote using my RV’s last 6 digit VIN# with locating of the Pullout floor board. The price quote was replied very quickly with the correct size, and cost for only the part with more follow-up questions.

11719 : Floor - Slide Out - 3/4 x 42 1/2 x 96 - w/Bvl- $131.16
Plus tax and shipping
If you would like to place an order please respond back to this email with the following information:
- First and last name
- Shipping address
- Contact phone number
- Quantity needed
In about 7-14 business days when everything is packed and ready to ship we will call you for payment and let you know the overall total including tax and shipping at that time. [/COLOR]

It took about two more follow-up emails requesting some type of an Est. for freight. When I was talking to one of the RV Floor Builder their Est. was be more in the $250.00 range. I even did my own freight quote online with an average cost around $350, but I sure the Mfg. have a contract with the freight company for a discounted rate. My follow-up emails was answered with “Rough” Est. to be shipped to 85742 (Tucson AZ.)

Rough estimate for shipping is around $125.00

Total Est. Cost for the part, rough Est. plus ~ 8.5 Tax = $267, not bad!

I’m wondering from anyone else your experience in ordering a pullout floor board part form HEARTLAND RV Part department?

Does the price for shipping seem too good to be true?
That's about what I paid.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2TrakR

We made our own piece. When all was said and done, it would have been about the same as ordering from HL including freight.