Changing light bulb

fasteve

I know this sounds dumb, but has anyone changed the bulb in one of the recessed fixtures in the bedroom?? (Golden Gate) Don't want to twist or pull too hard in fear of damaging something.

Thanks in advance
Steve

timk

If its like ours in the Bighorn, kinda frosted glass looking about 3" arround. Just twist the glass cover off, like you were unscrewing a jar lid. The bulb is underneath the cover.
TimK

jpmorgan37

I found that it was a lot easier if you pry the light out so that you can hold it in your hand and then twist the lens cover off by turning counter clockwise. I tried doing it with the light in place and it was really difficult.

Last edited:

timk

jpmorgan37 said:
I found that it was a lot easier if you pry the light out so that you can hold it in your hand and then twist the lens cover off by turning counter clockwise. I tried doing it with the light in place and it was really difficult.

Sounds like you might have a little different fixture. I wouldnt want to try to pry mine off. Looks like glass.
TimK

jpmorgan37

Hi TimK;
The lens is glass but the whole fixture is spring loaded and snaps into a hole approximately 1 1/2 inches diameter, at least on my unit. One of mine wasn't pushed in all the way from the factory, that's how I found it.
Hope that I'm not giving bad information.