Led porch light

bishgeo

2019 big country. Don't know who thought the bright white porch light was a good idea. Can it be replace with an amber led. I also have no step light. It's supposed to be standard equipment.

danemayer

2019 big country. Don't know who thought the bright white porch light was a good idea. Can it be replace with an amber led. I also have no step light. It's supposed to be standard equipment.
I recall you raised this question about the step light over a month ago. Did you ever call Heartland Customer Service as was suggested?

sengli

I think either 2013, 2014 was the last year for the internal remote system (step light). . They took it out, and now all you get is the lippert remote screen thing, that only does the level up. Ya the LED scare lights are pretty intense.

Heck even my landmark, doesnt have a switch for the step light

Lynn1130

I would think the thing to do is pull the bulb, get the number and do a search on Amazon, Ebay or just Google and see what is available in amber or some other color that might suit you. There are also lens replacements in amber but not sure of the style you have so that might be a longer search.

There are a number of different motion sensing lights that could be install on or near the stairs to give you the light you need there.

danemayer

Yes gave them the vin and he said he would look it up never called back.

I'd suggest calling back and getting a definitive response. If you're supposed to have a light and they left it out, you should be able to get one installed at Heartland's expense. If Heartland decided to discontinue the step light before your unit was built, you'll have to decide whether it's worth it to install one yourself or by a dealer at your own expense.

Please keep in mind that there is a lag time between implementing changes and getting those changes into new brochures or on the website. Heartland publishes disclaimers advising that they reserve the right to make changes without notice. Changes happen on a continuing basis for many reasons. Sometimes they're viewed as improvements. Sometimes they're viewed as takeaways.

lwmcguire

Motion Dector Patio/Porch lights work well and don't bother other campers all night long or however long it is lit.

We have 2 motion detect 30 led solar charging. One at the door and one by propane tanks. I used velcro to attach, when traveling just pull them off and put inside. They stay on about 30 seconds or can be manually left on.We have also used them for nite lights inside for the kids. 30 leds a little bright for inside.Payed about $6.00 on ebay. Also purchased 10 led under cabinet lights motion detect USB charging. Put inside cabinets for dark areas.They are held on by magnets and double backed tape.These also work for nite lights. Use them also for flashlights in the camp grounds I hate drilling holes so that is why i velcro them.