Help with television connections

txtinman

Can someone help decipher this diagram from my UDS? All have cables attached on the back, but I can't figure out what to do with them. The satellite feed from the roof I assume
would be coming from a dish antenna and go into the RV to connect to the television. The satellite feed to the television really has me stumped. Has anyone used these? If I had a satellite dish on the roof would I run the cable down the side to this connection?

Mike
P.S. You have to click on the image to enlarge it for reading.

20181219_125532.jpg

LBR

2 feeds are from the roof where you are to mount a permanent dish. The other 2 go to tvs.

After permanently mounting the 1 or 2 feed dish, you will jumper the appropriate LNBs and TVs together to send the signal onto the satellite receivers.

txtinman

2 feeds are from the roof where you are to mount a permanent dish. The other 2 go to tvs.

After permanently mounting the 1 or 2 feed dish, you will jumper the appropriate LNBs and TVs together to send the signal onto the satellite receivers.
Ok. The jumper makes sense. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

danemayer

If you have a roof mounted dish, there are wires in the roof that connect to the dish. Then you add a jumper for each of the pairs in the UDC so the signal from the roof goes to the target room.

If you have a ground/tripod mounted dish, you plug the cable from the dish into the connector that goes to the target room. Some dishes have switches/splitters, or multiple cables so you can connect to both rooms. Others have a single cable.

Something to be aware of is that sometimes the factory connects the wires behind the UDC to the wrong connectors. When you hook up your satellite equipment, run the cable from the dish straight to the receiver (don't use the trailer wiring). After you get everything working, then move the cable to the UDC connection and run a cable from the wallplate inside to the satellite receiver. If it doesn't work, try the other connectors in the UDC.

danemayer

How do you get to the wires in the roof

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Look for a blank wall plate on the bedroom ceiling and take it off to see if cables are tucked above it. If so, the installer would put a hole in the roof above the cables and pull them through. If using the Winegard Trav'ler, there's a cover plate provided to put on the roof along with sealant to close up the hole.

david-steph2018

This summer when we bought our satellite equipment for the 427 I also bought this to chase wires for the TV's.
Southwire Coax Continuity Analog-Volt Datacomm Tester
from Lowes it was under 20.00.
It worked really good but the issue I was having is there is a connections some where in line from the UDC to the living room tv.

Last edited by a moderator: