2019 - Goshen Rally - Introduction to Pickleball

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
pickleball-1026x840.jpg

Update: 13-Feb-2019
Game On!

Due to the fantastic to this thread, we schedule the following:

What: "Introduction to Pickleball"
When: Pre-Rally days, Wednesday June 5th and Thursday June 6th from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Where: Heritage Park (near the clock tower) in the shuffleboard area
Cost: Free
Other: If you have a paddle, please bring it but if not, don't worry because we have extra ones. Come on by and have some fun!
Flyer: Click here to view the flyer and learn more

12/20/18 - Original Post
Anyone up for a game of Pickleball? You might be asking what is Pickleball. It's a cross between badminton, table tennis and tennis all rolled together and played on half of a tennis court. There can be two or four players. Even tho there isn't tennis courts at the Fairgrounds, in 2015, the shuffle board courts in Heritage park works well. Just chime in and lets see about organizing instruction time or a tournament.

Interested Players:

Eric van Opstal
Nathan Mathis
Jim Marigliano
Jamie Walker
Dan & Sally Sullivan
Dave Belfi
Doug & Doris Anderson
Rickie Lester
Barb & Frank

How to play Pickleball video. View attachment Pickleball Rules Summary handout.docx

Last edited by a moderator:

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Re: 2019 - Goshen Rally - Pickleball

I might give it a go.....

You would love it I got hooked on the game at a Canada rally a few years back and miss not being able to play it on a regular basis. It is a great form of exercise too. I definitely recommend it to all to play

Nabo

pickle-ball-b.jpgOkee dookee, sounds like there is an interest in Pickleball. Keep sounding out so we can start to get a head count.

wdk450

Be sure to bring a cellphone to any games. This is vigorous (good) exercise, but we are an older group, and sometimes your body can get overstressed, and you need to call the paramedics. I have seen this more than a couple of times at the Pickleball courts at the Thousand Trails Wilderness Lakes park. Also, know a park name, address, or the like, that the EMS folks can know where to respond to.

CoveredWagon

Be sure to bring a cellphone to any games. This is vigorous (good) exercise, but we are an older group, and sometimes your body can get overstressed, and you need to call the paramedics. I have seen this more than a couple of times at the Pickleball courts at the Thousand Trails Wilderness Lakes park. Also, know a park name, address, or the like, that the EMS folks can know where to respond to.

Thanks. I’ve played a few times. I live in FL 😂😂😂

Nabo

For those who have never heard of Pickleball, follow this link about the game.

Nabo

pickleball-1026x840.jpg Fantastic response so "Introduction to Pickleball" will be held during pre-rally week on Wednesday June 5th and Thursday June 6th from 2-4 pm at Heritage Park in the shuffleboard area. If you have a paddle, please bring it but if not, don't worry because we have extra ones. Come on by and have some fun.

CoveredWagon

View attachment 60746 Fantastic response so "Introduction to Pickleball" will be held during pre-rally week on Wednesday June 5th and Thursday June 6th from 2-4 pm at Heritage Park in the shuffleboard area. If you have a paddle, please bring it but if not, don't worry because we have extra ones. Come on by and have some fun.

I have a couple of paddles and 3 balls that I’ll bring.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a few paddles and balls we can bring. Doug has played more than a few times and might be able to help with instruction.

Nabo

Post 1 has been updated with who has stated they are interested in playing. As other post, we will add them to the list.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Really wanted to learn how to play. But it seems a lot of the activities are happening prior to the rally. Which doesn’t help those who have to work. Maybe next time

Nabo

Jamie - don't worry. We can do a couple of informal practices/games during rally week depending on whether the shuffle board area is being used so don't count it out. It's a lot of fun.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nathan and Byrd, do you need an additional portable net? I will bring it if it would be useful.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Jamie - don't worry. We can do a couple of informal practices/games during rally week depending on whether the shuffle board area is being used so don't count it out. It's a lot of fun.

Nice. Let me know.