2019 big country

bishgeo

The design to put all control switches behind a cabinet door has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Has any one moved a light switch to the outside of the cabinet anywhere. Also has anyone reversed the door direction. It opens into the entry door. Lost count of how many times I left cabinet door open setting up and turned to go back outside and tore my head off in door frame. 😂😡i

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
A number of us have added an external switch for specific lighting so as not to have to open the cabinet.
I haven’t reversed the door but know some that have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLR

The design to put all control switches behind a cabinet door has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Has any one moved a light switch to the outside of the cabinet anywhere. Also has anyone reversed the door direction. It opens into the entry door. Lost count of how many times I left cabinet door open setting up and turned to go back outside and tore my head off in door frame. i
As said remove the door..
Easy solution

Sent from BLR Logistics

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe it needs one of those Proposition 65-like stickers on it. “Leaving the door open is known by the state of California to give you grief.”

bishgeo

A number of us have added an external switch for specific lighting so as not to have to open the cabinet.
I haven’t reversed the door but know some that have

If you would like to share what you did that would be great. Looking for ideas. Should I search a certain groupe to see who has made switch modifications. Thanks

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
If you would like to share what you did that would be great. Looking for ideas. Should I search a certain groupe to see who has made switch modifications. Thanks

I don’t think I posted my mod but others have I know. If you’re using the web version of the forum, by utilizing the advanced search engine feature you might be able to find some other posts
But here’s what I did...
I removed the screws holding the switch panel, located the wire(s) for the lights and switch(es) I wanted to tap into. Cut out an opening in the side of the cabinet for my “new” switch(es). I spliced in a pigtails on both sides of the existing switch long enough to run to the new switch location and connected the pigtails to the appropriate terminals.
The OEM switches are still functional as are the added ones.
We can turn on the lights over the island AND/OR the ceiling kitchen lamps as we enter the rig or come down the BR steps
Our switch panel is in a cabinet with 3 narrow but usable storage shelves so for us removal of the door is not an option

pday1213

When we had our Bighorn, we just removed the door and installed it upside down. Easy to reinstall the hinges and door catch and worked great. We also added an auto motion sensor rechargeable light inside the cabinet so as soon as we opened the door lights were on to see the switches. Note if you do the door reverse take pictures of the Heartland manufacture number sticker, and paint colors, otherwise it will be up at the top and upside down. Lol

mlpeloquin

In my Big Horn, I changed out to 3-way switches for the kitchen, island, and living room lights, Three in all. Put them on the outside of the cabinet which has now limited just how many times the cabinet door has to be opened,:eek:. I did not take pictures though. Most just add three standard switches and move the wiring over.

Nightshifter

In my Landmark I removed the kitchen island switch from the KIB lighting control system and installed a switch with a dimmer to control it. I also added a motion sensor inside the control cabinet connected to an led strip.

Attachments

• 4F6ABACA-4823-4A22-9348-85E67E1532C0.jpg
    4F6ABACA-4823-4A22-9348-85E67E1532C0.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 68
  • 8E349453-E757-4496-B33A-B8BA212D26FB.jpg
    8E349453-E757-4496-B33A-B8BA212D26FB.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 906A2736-5E78-44EC-BF46-79C257004D41.jpg
    906A2736-5E78-44EC-BF46-79C257004D41.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 55