water pressure @ shower low

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
We are camping with a couple that has a 09 Sundance and water pressure is good everywhere except in the shower. Does anyone have any ideas. We are checking the water pressure regulator and checking flow rate with the head off. Perhaps cleaning out the shower head with air may remove some obstruction or dirt that is plugging the holes. Thanks in advance for any ideas to solve the problem.

irvin56

low flow head

Ours is also not great for pressure but also check that the little shut off level on head is pushed over all the way. may be plugging off

TXBobcat

Fulltime
A lot of time you might find that the water pressure is satisfactory to wash dishes, or use the toilet but when you want to take a shower the water pressure is not sufficient. What type of regulator do you have.. To take a shower I like to have a water pressure of about 40psi but if you have a barrel regulator you are getting only about a 2 GPM water flow. Get a water filter that has a 4/4.5 GPM and you should see a better water flow for a shower..
If you have a water regulator that has a 4/4.5 GPM thru put then your problem might well likely be with the shower. A lot of people use the cheap barrel regulater from Wal-Mart which a small thru put.
Hope this is helpful.

Pulltab

Inside the shower head is a restrictor and seems to me there may actually be 2 items restricting flow. Not a problem removing them if using hookups. If running off the water tank you will use your water pretty quick.

jlivet

picked up a high flow regulator at camping world for newer rvs around $15 and now work fine , had the cheap unit from walley world and no pressure. Also took all the spigots apart and found alot of small plastic pieces caught in the screens.

cjbearden

Visitor
Highly recommend Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerheads from Camping World. Many from the forum have purchased one and thoroughly enjoy the refreshing water flow.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Highly recommend Oxygenics Body Spa RV Showerheads from Camping World. Many from the forum have purchased one and thoroughly enjoy the refreshing water flow.

I just ordered one too. But, I got mine from Amazon. Bout the same cost...but, I get free shipping. Maybe Heartland needs to make this an option on all the showers. I'm also planning on changing out the hot and cold water valves. My water can go from perfect to freezing with a 1/2 in rotation on EITHER valve.

Kinda rough on the old body, when those big chunks of ice suddenly start coming out of the shower head.