Hard wiring a dash cam in a 2017 Super Duty

Sniper

I'm wanting to hard wire our dash cam in our 2017 Ford Super Duty. I was hoping I could run the wiring behind the rain/auto dim sensors (I think that's what's behind there) :confused: cover, across the front of and under the roof liner and down the a drivers side "A" pillar. At least I think that's what I want to do. Seems like I've seen a post on this forum about this on the new Super Duty (is that you Jim or Jarrod?) but, not having any luck finding it. Anyway... has anyone done this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can't stand that wire hanging down and plugged in the dash. It eerks the heck out of me. LoL :cool:

ksucats

I'm not sure how you'd get a PM to him but take a look at 'Big truck big rv' on you tube. He has several videos on dash cams and may even have one on how he wired it that I have not found.

orion7144

I powered mine with the upfitter switches but unlike Jim I used the pass through wires that are already there on the passenger side. They are a big PITA since they are so short. Once you connect there there is plenty of slack under the hood where I ran to the driver side and connected to the upfitter switches.

Sniper

Thanks Jim, I believe that is indeed the post I thought I had seen. I'm debating on powering thru the upfitter switches or just powering off a stack fuse. Glad to see the metal clip on the cover in the picture, does that just pull straight down to remove or, do I need to pull the sides out then down to remove? :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

I powered mine with the upfitter switches but unlike Jim I used the pass through wires that are already there on the passenger side. They are a big PITA since they are so short. Once you connect there there is plenty of slack under the hood where I ran to the driver side and connected to the upfitter switches.

Thanks. So your saying those wires are already inside the cab on the passenger side? Hmm. I may have to look into that. :)

Oregon_Camper

I'm wanting to hard wire our dash cam in our 2017 Ford Super Duty. I was hoping I could run the wiring behind the rain/auto dim sensors (I think that's what's behind there) :confused: cover, across the front of and under the roof liner and down the a drivers side "A" pillar. At least I think that's what I want to do. Seems like I've seen a post on this forum about this on the new Super Duty (is that you Jim or Jarrod?) but, not having any luck finding it. Anyway... has anyone done this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can't stand that wire hanging down and plugged in the dash. It eerks the heck out of me. LoL :cool:

Yep...I did a video on that a while back. Here is the link...hope it helps. :)