Sewer Hoses

scott b

I need to replace our sewer hose but before i do i just wanted to know what are the better hoses that some of you are using?What length and what fittings . Not a very exciting purchase but we have to have it. Thanks Scott

jbeletti

Scott,

There are a couple different grades of sewer hoses and there are a couple styles of couplings. But they all connect to the rig the same way - via the RV industry standard bayonet fitting.

If you are very tired of cheap hoses and poor fittings and want to try something completely different and are willing to make a new investment, consider something I am trying out right now.

I purchased the Waste Master Cam Loc Adaptor Kit from Phase Four Industries. The kit is $120. Separately, from Phase Four, I obtained a 25' extension hose that collapses to 76" and a coupler to couple it to the end of the primary hose when I need more than 12 feet.

Soon, I'll do an in-depth review of this product but for now, check out some pics on my personal website, read the manufacturer's web site, then place a call to Doug Swarts at Phase Four. Tell him you heard about it from me.

That all said, this system is certainly not everyone's cup of tea (eg. the occasional RVer and those who are completely comfortable with the systems they have now and the investments they have in them - Sewer Solution, Macerators etc.).

Jim Beletti

Attachments

• wm_rig.jpg
    wm_rig.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 93
  • wm_cg.jpg
    wm_cg.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 89

scott b

sewer hose

That looks like a nice set up Jim, however is it possible to attach a clear fitting at the trailer connection?What is the end that goes to the in ground connection?does it have some sort motor on it. Scott

jbeletti

Hi Scott,

I am told that the next generation of hose will have a clear section in it at the RV. I do not know what date that is coming out.

The part at the CG is a 90 degree nozzle with a valve in it.

My process:

1. Open storage hatch for nozzle and attached hose
  2. Grab nozzle handle and pull it and attached hose out of storage hatch/tube and walk nozzle over to CG sewer connection
  3. If needed, place rubber doughnut onto tapered nozzle end, then place nozzle into CG sewer connection
  4. Open valve in nozzle
  5. Walk end of hose over to sewer point on RV. Open levers on cam loc adaptor on RV, remove cap, insert cam loc fitting from end of hose, into the camp loc adaptor on RV. Close locking levers on adaptor
  6. Empty and flush tanks per normal and close any open valves
  7. Open levers on cam loc adaptor, pull cam loc fitting out of adaptor. Place red cap in end of hose, replace adaptor cap and close locking levers
  8. Raise hose up to push any remaining water towards nozzle end and into CG sewer
  9. Close nozzle valve, push hose into storage tube and press attached nozzle into hatch cabinet. Close and lock hatch.
I have went into excruciating detail above but trust me - it is a simple and intuitive process with little retraining needed.

A couple things I really love about it:

1. The hose "stays put". Yep, if I need 6', I just pull it out to that length. The collapsed balance of the hose "stays collapsed". So no need to manage all the extra length when deployed.
  2. The cam loc fittings are "100% certain"! This is important to anyone who has "humped the stinky slinky" and lost :eek: Yep. From May 1 through Sept 30, I pulled my rig 10,000 miles. In that time, I have dumped my tanks dozens of times. And a few of those times, I had some issues with the bayonet connectors spinning off at the RV end. Not nice :mad:
  3. No more myriad of hoses, adapters, connectors etc. Just the hose with the coupler permanently attached to one end and the nozzle to the other. Then if you feel the need for more hose, the 25' extension and coupler. For that, we extended the Valterra EZ Carrier to hold the 76" collapsed 25' extension hose with permanently attached cam loc fittings. The only items I now store in the storage area of the RV are: 1. The coupler for the extension hose and 2. A bayonet connector with a 2' length of sewer hose on it. In case I would need to use a pump out service, then connect to the bayonet anb I thread the sewer hose onto the end of my nozzle.

What can't you do with this system? You can't push sewage uphill any better than with a standard system.

Jim

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Nice Jim! Similar to a system we had on the last Class A. I don't think I'll show it to Ray just yet, I'd rather have the JT's first... LOL

We just use the Rhino-flex hose and fittings now and have been pretty happy with it. Kind of like the way it collapses and stays so not so much like a slinky. Also accordians pretty compactly for storage.

Uncle Rog

Jim, does Phase Four sell all the components, like the storage box etc.?
I have had some near misses over the years and that system looks pretty bullet proof. The add on unit for storage is a nice touch......................