Wind Noise

blzftr

When the slides are out on my 08 3795 and the wind is blowing I can hear a loud high pitched whistle at the windows. The wind only needs to be blowing at 10 to 15 mph for this to occur. The noise makes it impossible to sleep or even watch T.V. The windows are closed as tight as I can get them and they are locked. Has anyone else experienced this condition?

Tom of Ypsi

We experienced this with single pane windows but switching to dual pane has changed that. We did have one window that really whistled and I put in some foam door insulation strips in the lower track and that did help the whistle.

Tape it

We had this same whistling noise a couple of weekends ago at a campground in Port Aransas, Texas. The first night I hardly slept due to the constant whistle. A friend with a Sunny Brook 5er said his did the same thing when the wind blew against the side of the trailer with the slides out, and he put a little piece of tape over the weep hole in the window. I tried that (just a 2" piece of electrical tape) for the second night we were there, and slept like a baby. The electrical tape came off easily with no residue before I brought the slides in to go home.